Longer Range shotgun hunting for predators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the brightest ,but I can read most days.

Did you not say this ?

Originally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long

Originally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long, and #4s and #2s will handle the longer 80+ yds all day long.

I wasn't there for that particular one, but I've seen it with my own eyes on 2 other occasions. So call it what you want, but it's the truth.

Concrete conclusions from two coyotes? #9 is good to 50 all day long, and #4/#2 will handle 80+ yards all day long. Just like that?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI'm not the brightest ,but I can read most days.

Did you not say this ?

Originally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long, and #4s and #2s will handle the longer 80+ yds all day long.

Wait please...

And a load of #9s will, never said it was the best choice though.

Originally Posted By: blingslinger

I think TSS would serve well in that situation, and would do it with authority. I think a 1 oz load at around 1400 fps or a 1.5 oz load around 1300 fps would work great loaded with #4 or #2 TSS.

Last edited:
I think I get it now....

Killing a coyote at 50 yards with 9 TSS ,means that coyote is dead all day long .
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: blingslinger

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWelcome to PM !

Non- picky shot that kills 50-80 yards ...all day long ! Sounds great ! I'd gladly take a hundred loaded rounds or so for field testing. I won't even charge for the info when done, just supply the ammo.
grin.gif

It's the truth, Non-Picky shot that will kill 50-80+ all day long.

As for loaded rounds, I can help you load them yourself, but it's illegal for me to load them for you. The ATF frowns on that without the proper license.

So this has got me wondering, as I don't know the law.

Is it not legal for a person to load ammo and gift it to me ?

i like the truth as much as the next guy. but this ^^^ is not the truth. not even a good partial truth.

if it was the truth i would dang sure use it. most of the coyotes i kill are 50 and closer. would work out great for me. but a really great dove, quail, pheasant, chukar load just does not cut it for coyotes. maybe trapped coyotes?

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI think I get it now....

Killing a coyote at 50 yards with 9 TSS ,means that coyote is dead all day long .
grin.gif

A dead coyote is dead all day long or forever, it ain't coming back to life. If your asking about #9 TSS, it will anchor a coyote and kill it at 50 yds 7 days out of the week. I don't need a computer program to tell me that, real world results are way more reliable. That said, #4 and #2 TSS, would be a more efficient means to an end.

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke

So this has got me wondering, as I don't know the law.

Is it not legal for a person to load ammo and gift it to me ?

That is possible, but it puts the liability on the loader, and I don't know you or your intentions so... fill in the blanks.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long, and #4s and #2s will handle the longer 80+ yds all day long.

I wasn't there for that particular one, but I've seen it with my own eyes on 2 other occasions. So call it what you want, but it's the truth.

Concrete conclusions from two coyotes? #9 is good to 50 all day long, and #4/#2 will handle 80+ yards all day long. Just like that?

Again, you have serious reading comprehension issues. Again, please go back and read the thread and try one more time.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long

i like the truth as much as the next guy. but this ^^^ is not the truth. not even a good partial truth.

if it was the truth i would dang sure use it. most of the coyotes i kill are 50 and closer. would work out great for me. but a really great dove, quail, pheasant, chukar load just does not cut it for coyotes. maybe trapped coyotes?

Sorry, but it is the truth, suck it up and deal with it.

Originally Posted By: blingslingerOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long, and #4s and #2s will handle the longer 80+ yds all day long.

Again, you have serious reading comprehension issues. Again, please go back and read the thread and try one more time.

It's what you stated... What do your 80 yard patterns look like? Hits in 10" at point of aim.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: blingslingerOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: blingslingerTruth is, a shotgun with a load of #9 TSS, will anchor a coyote at 50 yds all day long, and #4s and #2s will handle the longer 80+ yds all day long.

It's what you stated... What do your 80 yard patterns look like? Hits in 10" at point of aim.

I'm talking about your statement about conclusions from 2 coyotes, again back to your reading comprehension.

Originally Posted By: GCAgain, what do your patterns look like at 80 yards?

Never said I had patterns at 80 yds, but #4s and #2s have plenty of energy to kill at that distance. Your patterns will depend on how you set your gun up, and will be more dense than any buckshot you can throw downrange.

I also have proof that #2s will hammer deer at 80 yds, and if it works on deer, it will definitely work on coyotes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blingslingerI also have proof that #2s will hammer deer at 80 yds, and if it works on deer, it will definitely work on coyotes.

i have proof a 52gr vmax shot from a .223 will bounce off a coyote and a 17hmr will flatten a water buffalo.

rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: blingslingerI also have proof that #2s will hammer deer at 80 yds, and if it works on deer, it will definitely work on coyotes.

i have proof a 52gr vmax shot from a .223 will bounce off a coyote and a 17hmr will flatten a water buffalo.

rolleyes.gif

More power to you, but that's not what we are discussing here.

Originally Posted By: blingslingerOriginally Posted By: GCAgain, what do your patterns look like at 80 yards?

Never said I had patterns at 80 yds, but #4s and #2s have plenty of energy to kill at that distance. Your patterns will depend on how you set your gun up, and will be more dense than any buckshot you can throw downrange.

I also have proof that #2s will hammer deer at 80 yds, and if it works on deer, it will definitely work on coyotes.

Soooo... You have no personal experience. Your buddy was here before you yacking this crap and IIRC he said YOU were the one with experience. And now we know... neither of you have experience first hand testing this out. With that done, what's your motivation? You deal in TSS? Pushing some YouTube Channel? What's the hook?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: blingslingerOriginally Posted By: GCAgain, what do your patterns look like at 80 yards?

Soooo... You have no personal experience. Your buddy was here before you yacking this crap and IIRC he said YOU were the one with experience. And now we know... neither of you have experience first hand testing this out. With that done, what's your motivation? You deal in TSS? Pushing some YouTube Channel? What's the hook?

You are obviously clueless, but I have plenty of experience with TSS, been developing loads with it for about 10 yrs now. Been loading for over 20 yrs.

Personal experience killing coyotes with TSS? You've admitted you have none. I'd say you're the one clueless as you are talking about a subject you have no personal experience with. You're a troll...

This guy is so much smarter than the rest of us with his "theoretical" results, I think he deserves his own forum thread. We could use his name as the title or maybe just shorten it to "the BS forum" What do you think?

Originally Posted By: GCPersonal experience killing coyotes with TSS? You've admitted you have none. I'd say you're the one clueless as you are talking about a subject you have no personal experience with. You're a troll...

Again for about the 3rd time, read the thread. I've only admitted to having experience, because I do. I question the fact that you made it out of grade school.

So... have you ever loaded or shot TSS? After all your BS talk, I seriously doubt it, so whose the troll here? That would be you, seeing you've added nothing constructive to this thread.

Originally Posted By: MotoHunterThis guy is so much smarter than the rest of us with his "theoretical" results, I think he deserves his own forum thread. We could use his name as the title or maybe just shorten it to "the BS forum" What do you think?

Again thoughts of another person that's has no experience, and never shot TSS, and has nothing constructive to add.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back