Lightweight carrier

NO NO NO!!!

You gots it all wrong!!!

They should ban them assasin silencers along with those dagnub assault rifles!!!

Ain't no need fer more than three rounds anyhows.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: OverwatcherI just want night vision with a suppressor 300 BLk,Ghille Suit,watch some chuck Norris movies and listen to the bond theme song the entire time on my IPOD while I'm out zombie hunting..why? Cause I can.
Love the guy thinking that the only reason people want to shoot sub/suppressed stuff is for that.
Suppressors are awesome in the field, even with a supersonic round..Way easier to you and your hunting buddy's ears.
There is a lot of good hunting around here where you are close to cattle,horses and ranches..having a can for these areas allows you to keep coming back without making the place a war zone and pissing the owners off.
People don't buy the 300 BLK to JUST shoot subs,there are some good loads that are quite impressive for the design and the fact that other then the barrel/dies your ready to go.
Break out of your wood stock laminated shell and realize that not everyone who has a can is a mall ninja.

This will be fun!!!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters
So you already have a handful of AR15 calibers which already overlap, really, in their usefulness and you're questioning the 300BLK and desire? All needed different magazines than 223, different bolts, and different barrels. I'm confused
wink.gif

The only thing the 300 has over them is subsonic factory loaded rounds! I'm sorry but if someone is to cheap to buy another 20-30 mag then what the [beeep] are they doing with a round that was intended mainly for suppressed fire? Over $1000 to have a suppressor but don't want to spend money on a mag??? Now I'm confused!
huh.gif
blink.gif

By the way you should be running a different bolt for each upper. I'm sure you know that but it don't help with your end of the argument so I will let it slide this time. Again you just bought a new barrel and your not wanting to spend $50-60 on a new bolt?? Are people really that dam cheap anymore? Plus wouldn't it be easier to just swap uppers and go? I guess if you insist on pulling your .223 upper off then taking out the BCG, and then taking the bolt out, and then..... see where this is going??? Or you just going to run your .223 BCG in your 300BLK upper too??? Still going to be easier to just swap uppers don't you think?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersIt sounds like YOU, personally, don't have a desire or need for a 300BLK but you already have overlapping calibers. Logistically, 300BLK is better than all of those calibers you have. However, it really shines in bullet weight variations available and subsonic loads.

Again why would I want something that I already have something else of that does it better???

Please I'm all ears on how the 300BLK is better then all those mentioned.......

Bullet weight variations..... Oh I forgot the 6,6.5's have what 3-4 different bullets out.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OverwatcherI just want night vision with a suppressor 300 BLk,Ghille Suit,watch some chuck Norris movies and listen to the bond theme song the entire time on my IPOD while I'm out zombie hunting..why? Cause I can.
Love the guy thinking that the only reason people want to shoot sub/suppressed stuff is for that.

Fixed for you and thanks for proving my point!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Overwatcher
Suppressors are awesome in the field, even with a supersonic round..Way easier to you and your hunting buddy's ears.
There is a lot of good hunting around here where you are close to cattle,horses and ranches..having a can for these areas allows you to keep coming back without making the place a war zone and pissing the owners off.

Show me once when I was stating suppressors were bad??? If you can't follow the conversation correctly we will have to have you sit in the corner and be quite!
sneaky2.gif

Originally Posted By: Overwatcher
Break out of your wood stock laminated shell and realize that not everyone who has a can is a mall ninja.

See there you go again thinking you know what your talking about and yet you haven't the slightest clue!
closedeyes.gif

Let me help you out here since you seem to missing the point!

READ the thread again but this time slow and you will see this is not about the suppressors! It is about SUB SONIC are you up to speed now?????

Sorry can't break out of a wood stock laminated shell because I don't own any wood stocks!
blushing.gif

OP - sorry for the derailment - Like I said earlier - Adjustable gas block + different buffer will get it to work. Look up Paladin Machine - he has some slick 3 way gas block and might be able to help.

Originally Posted By: dmpowderThis will be fun!!!
thumbup.gif

Please I'm all ears on how the 300BLK is better then all those mentioned.......take your time! Let me get you started.
Subsonic rounds which server no purpose other then to act cool or "it's fun", ummm...you can buy just a barrel and ummm....lots of bullets.. There now you won't have to repeat yourself. Now actually show me something that makes it BETTER (not cheaper) then any of the mention rounds!

Bullet weight variations..... Oh I forgot the 6,6.5's have what 3-4 different bullets out.
rolleyes.gif

DM -

While I am no expert here is my opinion. Subsonic rounds do serve a purpose to me and many other besides the "cool" factor.

Running 220 gr @ ~1100 FPS

Now back to you C.J

Originally Posted By: C.JayDude, it was a joke, didn't mean to hit a nerve. Settle down a bit and lets talk about guns and shooting.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

You will never hit a nerve with me online. We are talking about guns and shooting your the one that brought the dog into it!
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: C.Jay
Just because it is not in your safe doesn't mean some one else might not find enjoyment out of it. You sound like one of those bolt-only guys think believe "Thar ain't no dog gone use fer one of those derned assault rifles, ban 'em all!!!"
ohmy.gif
And YOUR the one that got the bolt action thing started!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

Now see your acting like that other guy that's not following along! If you go back and read you will see I own plenty of AR's and enjoy everyone of them. And please stop using the term "assault rifles" as your just helping them and for the fact it was a government made up name!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: C.JayNO NO NO!!!

You gots it all wrong!!!

They should ban them assasin silencers along with those dagnub assault rifles!!!

Ain't no need fer more than three rounds anyhows.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I thought you might be able to help further this debate but after rechecking your post in this thread you haven't at all.
angry.gif

And now your trying to play along with overwatcher but the only problem is he doesn't know what's going on either. So now we have 2 people!
cry.gif
cry.gif

It's about sub sonic rounds and now kinda going into 300BLK!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: C.JayAll is well, good topic, so far.

And now it is a fun topic but please stop trying to twist it into something it's not!

Originally Posted By: frankr
DM -

While I am no expert here is my opinion. Subsonic rounds do serve a purpose to me and many other besides the "cool" factor.

Running 220 gr @ ~1100 FPS

Originally Posted By: dmpowderThe only thing the 300 has over them is subsonic factory loaded rounds! I'm sorry but if someone is to cheap to buy another 20-30 mag then what the [beeep] are they doing with a round that was intended mainly for suppressed fire? Over $1000 to have a suppressor but don't want to spend money on a mag??? Now I'm confused!
huh.gif
blink.gif

By the way you should be running a different bolt for each upper. I'm sure you know that but it don't help with your end of the argument so I will let it slide this time. Again you just bought a new barrel and your not wanting to spend $50-60 on a new bolt?? Are people really that dam cheap anymore? Plus wouldn't it be easier to just swap uppers and go? I guess if you insist on pulling your .223 upper off then taking out the BCG, and then taking the bolt out, and then..... see where this is going??? Or you just going to run your .223 BCG in your 300BLK upper too??? Still going to be easier to just swap uppers don't you think?
wink.gif

People don't buy just (1) magazine for a rifle they actually shoot. They buy a handful, generally. With 6.8 or 6.5 that could easily add up to $100 with current mag offerings. Not a huge amount, but it adds up, and isn't as logistically sound. Logistically, you can make 300BLK brass from 223 brass (We have, and it works fine) or get virgin 300BLK brass, or reload. There is a WIDE range of factory loads at a cheaper price than 6.8 or 6.5, as well as endless reloading ability with 115gr-220gr bullets available. 300BLK isn't an end-all be-all caliber, but it holds its own at shorter distances AND the bullet tumbles very hard causing extensive internal damage.

I mentioned logistics. Obviously one will ideally have a dedicated BCG for each individual upper. However, in a pinch, one could pull a BCG, or extractor, etc out of one upper and put it in another. The same goes for magazines. 223 magazines are cheap and plentiful. If you're quoting (and misinterpreting) my comment regarding only needing a different barrel, then you're also assuming that one would change the barrel in the field.

Again, just because YOU aren't interested in an easily subsonic capable round with 7.62x39-ish ballistics in an AR15 with very streamlined logistics doesn't mean other people don't see the need. Suppressors sales have been skyrocketing over the last few years. They're cool, and offer a tactical (or hunting) advantage, especially on follow up shots on multiple targets.

Case in point: How many different 300BLK uppers do you see on the market right now versus 6.5? The 300BLK is just in it's infancy of being SAAMI specced and being commercially available and has already exploded. There's a market...and a pretty good sized one. Not sure why you're arguing about anything. It's a free market, let customers decide what THEY want...

Last edited:
Back