Leaving Predator Masters Sale

Mostly I think the market here is pretty saturated. Sellers can reach a much larger market segment through other venues. I love these custom calls, but I have enough now to call every stand this year with a different call and not use the same one twice! At some point, a guy has to slow down. Now I grab one every now and again, but not nearly at the rate I did five years ago.

Definitely a saturated and declining market here on Predator Masters. Guys only want/need so many calls, and most young/new hunters only go electronic. I had a great run selling calls here, but it just isn’t worth it anymore. If the interest was still there I would keep it up. I really appreciate all the guys that helped me support my hobby.

Brian

Could not have said it better Brian. There is so much more that a hand call can do and thousands of E-callers use the same sounds = Educated Coyotes. not saying that a hand call is the only way but with the finesse of a hand call there are so many more sounds that a hand call can produce. I also use a e-call, but I use it to fill in the holes and make the set more realistic and I also use it for sounds on ranches where there are sounds needed that I cannot make with a hand call, or when my lips say take a break. The push button stealing batteries from MOMs bed stand crowed probably will never figure it out.
Just my 2 cents
so sad to see this part of Predator Masters die out

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rareearth..so sad to see this part of Predator Masters die out ..

Yes it is sad, hand made calls are both a tool and a piece of art.

I also think the Moderators need to take a good look at all these comments, and rethink the cost of the HOB, when you can post something in the Classifieds for over $1000, for free and charge the HOB ( HOBBY CALL MAKER) $150

JUST SAY-N

Originally Posted By: rareearthI also think the Moderators need to take a good look at all these comments, and rethink the cost of the HOB, when you can post something in the Classifieds for over $1000, for free and charge the HOB ( HOBBY CALL MAKER) $150

JUST SAY-N

I agree Bob!! Just can't justify the cost anymore.

Jim

When I set alone on a stand, getting bored, calling, waiting,
trying to idle my mind while still keeping a sharp eye out :
Just looking at the fine turned call - some wood type I can't pronounce -
connects me with the call maker and this hobby in general.
Plastic doesn't hack it.

Plastic doesn't hack it. I have appreciated a few fine custom calls purchased from this forum. I regret to see this fading away.

will not be the same here without you brian, i miss being here all the time. but i still only get online once in a while and not for long each time.
i haven't been coyote callin much lately cuz my breathing. i've gone to taking pictures from the truck so i still get out in the hills.
i miss all you guys and buyin calls all the time.

Originally Posted By: cmiddletonwill not be the same here without you brian, i miss being here all the time. but i still only get online once in a while and not for long each time.
i haven't been coyote callin much lately cuz my breathing. i've gone to taking pictures from the truck so i still get out in the hills.
i miss all you guys and buyin calls all the time.

Casey, sorry to hear about your health, but I’m glad that you are still able to enjoy nature. I’ve enjoyed seeing your photos on Facebook. Do you mind if I ask what sort of camera/lens set up you have?

Originally Posted By: catwhackerOriginally Posted By: rareearthI also think the Moderators need to take a good look at all these comments, and rethink the cost of the HOB, when you can post something in the Classifieds for over $1000, for free and charge the HOB ( HOBBY CALL MAKER) $150

JUST SAY-N

Jim

yes. $25, $30, $40 is way better than nothing. and it might just keep a few of the hob makers around here.

Wow, literally nothing here anymore. $150 × 0 is how much income again? Be nice if this fee was reduced or eliminated to bring custom call makers back to the site. This is really a shame. Where else can you go to fibd offerings from several call makers? I get the saturation thing, im like a lot of guys here in that i have more calls than i can really use. But i still love nice hand made calls and will buy new ones here and there even if i only use them every once in a great while. I have a handful of my favorites and randomly pick one of my rarely used calls off the shelf for an occasional field day, but id still be buying calls if this board was active like it was a few years back.

Last edited:
I prefer using hand calls, bought my first custom call from Rich Cronk about 20 years ago. I’ve bought more over the years, some from craftsman here on PM, some from other places. I’m always looking for something new!
I would like to see more call makers here but understand the cost of “advertising” isn’t worth it. The powers that be may need to look into alternatives to accommodate both buyers & sellers.
Nothing stays the same.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: bearmanricI could no longer pay the $650.00.

$650? for 1 year?
It's $125 a year,well worth it if the market is good. Although some people get to keep their advertising etc. well after their dues expire....

Last edited:
Ricks $650 was for a Banner sponsorship.
And the market hasn’t been worth the $125 for a few years really. Obviously you don’t thinks so either

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrRicks $650 was for a Banner sponsorship.
And the market hasn’t been worth the $125 for a few years really. Obviously you don’t thinks so either Its dead,I only do calls by request now. Which is fine by me,that seems to be the only way to get what they are worth.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: catwhackerOriginally Posted By: rareearthI also think the Moderators need to take a good look at all these comments, and rethink the cost of the HOB, when you can post something in the Classifieds for over $1000, for free and charge the HOB ( HOBBY CALL MAKER) $150

JUST SAY-N

Jim

yes. $25, $30, $40 is way better than nothing. and it might just keep a few of the hob makers around here.

Bob, It has nothing to do with the Moderators.. I have no say in the price its the admin that makes that decision.. It costs allot to keep the doors open here I do know that Facebook and the other social media outlets are killing us..

Originally Posted By: carvercalls

Bob, It has nothing to do with the Moderators.. I have no say in the price its the admin that makes that decision.. It costs allot to keep the doors open here I do know that Facebook and the other social media outlets are killing us..

The PM facebook page hasnt been updated since April,probably not social media thats killing it.

Back