Learned something…

Spurchaser

I learned that forecasted winds aren’t exactly right!!
Couldn’t wait to try out my new caller last night so we decided to go out and give it a shot. Forecasted winds showed 5-10 N winds. In actuality I think it was 15-20!
I’d love to give a good review on the Icotec, but I really couldn’t tell if it’s loud or not, lol. I know the remote is pretty sweet and the range is great, but we saw nothing. I know it was cold as heck with that wind though, lol!!
I may go out this evening. I’ll chance a 1-3mph wind over a 15mph wind any day.

In my neck of the woods wind direction doesn’t mean to much. It changes by topography, a mile down the road, a nearby stream, railroad tracks, hill, a block of woods, etc.

I hate slight breezes as already mentioned as it swirls to much !

There is only ONE ...ONE ... accurate weather forecasting apparatus. And even it doesn't show wind direction or speed ...................

il_1588xN.1485234630_suc9.jpeg

Sure it shows the important wind directions......if rock hitting sign, you're upwind; if it bangs your forehead, you're downwind but to determine wind speed you have to add in a bugger factor when downwind due to sign restricting wind somewhat. ;)

Yeah, but that's too complicated for us North Texas folk. You guys down south always complicate things. :LOL:

alf, I just logged onto the site , wind etc. it automatically brought SE Australiamap up, I will add that to my arsenal of weather checks, then I get the average, as I reckon they just stick a wet finger out the window most of the time!!😀

alf, I just logged onto the site , wind etc. it automatically brought SE Australia map up, I will add that to my arsenal of weather checks, then I get the average, as I reckon they just stick a wet finger out the window most of the time!!😀
I have this one bookmarked too to see if they jibe:

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked into a stand. Start setting up and when the wind switched walked back to the truck. I don’t like strong winds but if you sit in open areas the breezes are more settled

Back