LBL Hunt dates

Jimmie in Ky

How does the 4,5 and 6th of febuary sound to all of you. That weekend should make Critter happy as I do believe it will fall on the new moon as well, or at least fairly close to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It should also get us in there before the yocals get busy taking all our coyote's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keekee, you will be happy to know that your potty road is still in business. I also found another crossing in zone one this spring, it helps when they oblige you by standing in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For info on lodging there in the LBL you can check it out at http://www.lbl.org

You can also get legal requirements and seasons there at that addy as well. Most of us stay at the Wranglers camp ground in zone 8. It's fairly in the middle and cheap to boot. Cabin sizes sleep either four or eight. I also recomend bringing your own electric heater since the one they provide is barely adequate.

See you there , Jimmie

How many people do you expect to the hunt? Do you have rules and regulations and stuff... or is it just for kicks? I'd like to know more about it because I may be interested in attending. Thanks: Jrb

Thanks for the info Jimmy. I'm planning on getting out to that hunt next year. After hearing how much fun you guys had last time, I can't wait to get there. Keep us updated. Always good to hear from you. kyray.

Jimmie,

Great choice of dates for me! The 4th is my birthday(we can have a party..hehe) so I can always get loose for that weekend! I'm going to let this ride for a week or so to be sure everyone is OK with it and then I'll reserve our cabin, nah..I'm doing it today!

Jrb,
The "Rules" are you must be a member here! That's about it. You are responslble for your own behavior and hunting. There isn't any contest(well, maybe a little friendly wagering) or set time to start or finish hunting(all laws apply). There will most likely be chilli to eat(WayneP are you there?)and Jimmie opens his cabin as the community gathering place. There is a restaurant that may or may not be open and you should plan to bring everything you need for the weekend including food and drink(non-alcoholic). You will also need an electric heater(combustable fuels not allowed in cabins)and your own blankets or sleeping bags. Temperatures may get in the 20's at night but generally warm up to +40's during the day.

There is a wealth of info you can find here on the board by doing a "search" for "LBL" at the top of this page! Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Nikonut and KatieBug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here are some links to pics from last year:

Critr's pics

KeeKee's pics:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Nikonut's pics(follow links at end of pics to see next page) LBL pics 2004

As it was noted by PM Administrators last year this is not an "Official" PM Hunt! It is merely a gathering of members wishing to share info, good times and hunting! There are no entry fees!

I'll mark the dates on my calendar and hope to make it. Maybe I can even get ole' Coyotehunter1 to show up.

I hope WayneP brings the chili and maybe Chet can bring his world famous "OMG Hot Sauce". Guaranteed to burn the hair outta your nose.

Too bad Rich, you would have enjoyed the challenge of the LBL. Perhaps we can meet sometime in december up there if your traveling through. I hunt ,scout and get a rough estimate of the number of dogs up there that month. The weather is still mild and they can be quite talkative then.

The major reason for such an early date there is because of the coyote season they set. If we wait much longer the animals will be badly spooked due to the number of people road hunting and others trying to learn the ropes.Hunting pressure is high there for other game during the early hunting seasons and these dogs have learned more than a few way's of coping with human traffic.

JRB , we usually have around 20 show up. The only rules we have are safetey first and last as well as follow the hunting regulations for the state in which you would be hunting.The month of Feb is the centerfire season for coyote in the LBL. Jimmie

I would love to make the hunt this year.Anyone from the PA area going to try and make it ?

I hope to make it and meet all of you ! I've been around since the Shade tree days ...just don't post much... but read alot ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks
**PaPredator**

Count me in, Jimmie, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the arrangements. I'm sure Gunsmith will come too, and I'll do my best to inspre him to make another batch of his Kentucky Burgoo- it ranks right up there with the chili!

Jimmie,
Today, Bopeye and I talked about coming to LBL but only if the weather is going to be like it was on our first hunt….. 3” of fresh snow, - 5 degrees (in the heat of the day) and 30 MPH winds that blow every which way at once. Remember that weekend? Not much fur put on the ground but we loved it!!!!

Looking foward to seeing you and the LBL gang again. We will certainly try our best to be there.

wouldn't miss it. i will be their for the week if everything goes as planned. i will be making chili again. i look forward to seeing everyone again. maybe this will be the year i get an lbl yote.

Im in! I marked the first week of Feb down for the LBL hunt!

Good to hear the crossing is still good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I look forward to geting back there!

Kee

Hello Jimmy in KY.. I've been thinking of getting down there to your hunt the past couple years but just haven't made it. In 05 I'm sure going to try to get there. I've also been wanting to get to Tennessee sometime this winter to try bobcats so maybe I can kill two critters with one stone.
Hope to see y'all there.

Coyote 6974

Im looking forward in coming to the LBL hunt in Feburary 4-6. I will be coming down with ILcoyote, stan the man, and other guys too. This will be my first LBL hunt and looking forward in some good hunting story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if you dont have a good hunting story just make one up i dont care. just have fun.

Are there any guys from northern kentucky or southern Indiana going to this hunt? I'd like to go but I know I can't find a group of guys interested in going along... we've got a competetive hunt just a couple weeks before that everyone will be traveling for. You know how they are "wife says I can't hunt all the time" and all... I'd hunt with a group every weekend if I could!

Back