Ky coyote hunters?

Hello Yotekiller, Not all of the Ky hunters have checked in yet this season. Like me they are too busy chasing the 30 point buck.Dummy me has a pair of calls around my neck though in case the winds slack off a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I hope you can join us for the hunt in the LBL in Febuary. Jimmie

If either of you are interested in trading hunts e-mail me,i have some private and plenty of public around barren river lake and green river lake.

howdy yotekiller,i am from northeastern ky. i was in the army with a boy from glasgow...back in the late 60's..he came to see me a few years back so i owe him a return trip..by the way his name is richard sherfey in case you might know him..he lives on a farm around there ..when i come out to see him i will look you up and we will make a few calls......trapperdoc

Hey trapperdoc,i've been accused of being lucky since predator hunting hasn't hit hard in scky yet,but still i'd like to share the wealth so any time give me an e-mail and we will give it a go.

Yotekiller,

I'm originally from down around Green River Lake way. I've been kicking around the idea of giving it a try later in th year. Have you been there before? Are there any critters down there?

RudeDawg

Rudedawg i'm the same as you,born and raised there,know all the pha,and alot of landowners,but never hunted yotes up there.Alot of my family still lives there and i have access to a few acres private,but green river lake as you probaly know is loaded with brushy areas that should hold alot of critters.Been hearing alot about bobcat sightins in the south-eastern part of adair county so maybe just maybe in a few years i'll be able to hunt them up their on familiar territory.I have VERY FEW serious predator hunting buddies so anytime you want to hook up we can give it a go.

Yotekiller,

Are you going to LBL in February? Sounds like a good weekend.

After deer season I plan on hitting it hard. I want to Green River Lake. If it's close work, I've got a Remington Splatter gun that should do nicely. We definately should hook up.

Everyone around here hunts turkeys and deer. Don't seem too hard, I killed a deer with a Toyota Camry once and Winn Dixie is full of turkeys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My email is winXXX1866@hotXXXmail.com. Take out the XXX, they're there to hose up the spam bots.....

Morning Yotekiller, I am from Ashland, not far from TrapperDoc. I have a place on Lake Cumberland, Russell Springs. Haven't been much in the mood.
needs to get cold. Good Luck to you.

This is Tim from E-town Ky. Been out of town the last 3 months but after deer season going to get fired up again.Gained some new territory and going to try Ft.Knox this year. Good Hunting!

Well I am from S. Indiana but I carry a Kentucky Lic. every year. I do have some Family in KY. My late Grand Dad has a building named after him at Fort Knox "JAMES F. Cooper". I am telling you all this so you want hold it against me that I am from Indiana. I would love to hook up with someone in KY and do some calling, have .223 and will travel.

Tim, have you hunted Fort Knox before? I did a little checking and it looks like you've got to jump through some major hoops to hunt there. I was wondering if it was worth it??

RudeDawg

Yes you have to jump through a few hoops and joice of fire power is very limited. There again you have to check in and out of areas and only certain areas are open.You also have to pass inspection getting on to base . BUT! it is a vast amount of land and the coyotes are rarely hunted and access by road to all areas and what I was wanting to look at was the areas that border private land owners.Go in and spend time locating coyotes in those areas and then go off post and ask the private land owner for permission to hunt them.Because on Ft.Knox they are considered small game and no#4 shot is the largest you can use.I may have to jump through a few hoops but I will never waste my time when it comes to hunting coyotes.

Kydogduster,

I'm from Louisville but I travel to Russell Springs a lot. My In-laws have a house boat at Aligator II. Let me know if you ever want to shoot some coyotes.

Hey KY-23 do you go down much in the winter? I would like to go down next month, before they pair up. My place is next door to James Flatt, the manager at Alligator II. Been going there since 69. There are coyotes around Russell Co. I have shot crows there but I have not called coyotes there. Just never took off in the winter months. We hear them howling behind our property sometimes. We backup to the lake property. Used to go down to the Big South Fork Rec. Area, in January, to hunt wild hogs. Now there's a varmint.

hey kydogduster i live in rush ky bout 10 to 20 minutes from ya im really new to the sport but i guess trapper doc is gonna show me the ropes here pretty soon. if you ever need someone to go huntin with look me up im always up for it except for that late deer muzzleloading season coming up i will be deer hunting but after that look me up if you wanna and maybe go do some callin

HI BOY1 AND PATTY1. WE AR MOVEING TO KENTUCKY IN FEB.NEAD HELP IN FINDING A HUNTING FREND.I HAVE HUNTED.HAVE HUNTED COYOTES FOR 22YEARS HER IN LAS VEGAS SO CALL IN FEBRUATY AT #502-743-0700 AND e-mail AT PATTY1@INTERMIND.NET IN FEBURATY. GOOD HUNTING TO ALL AND SHOOT STREAT.

Kydogduster,

I don't go down much in the winter but I would if you want to do some coyote hunting. Let me know. The boar hunting sounds good too. I did get a boar last spring down in Tennessee. It was fun and some of the best tasting game meat I've ever had.

Shoot me an e-mail if you want dust some dogs. :0)

epeek@charter.net

Back