Keeping your keister dry sitting in the snow.

Dog Monger

Last weekend I about froze my a$$ offer (literally) while out calling stands. For the last couple years I've been using Cabelas polyester coverups which aren't waterproof, but they are quiet. When it gets wet it freezes and I noticed the other day the moisture actually soaked through my supposedly waterproof pants I wear underneath.

I've been eyeing Kings Camo for awhile and was checking it out today. The pants appear to be the same material i'm currently wearing under my coverups....waterproof polyester. The bibs look like a different material. My question is will the pants or bibs prevent moisture from seeping through while sitting in snow?

What else is there in snow camo pattern i can use? Is there some kind of seat pad available that I can sit on?

i like the randy anderson bark a lounger seat, gives a little back support, or else those little hot seats syrofom things. when its cold you need something to sit on or you get frozen bottoms.

I vote for both either one is better then sitting in the wet/cold snow.. And for the most part both are kind of a cheap investment..
smile.gif

Happy hunting...

My white jacket has a bungee drawstring on the bottom that I clip a tree stand seat to. The seat has 2 plastic clips so I hook one on each side. It is always in the right spot when I sit down.

I use one of the thermal seat pads and wear carhartt coveralls when it's cold enough. Mostly I have just embraced the wet, cold keister as a sign I'm doing something I love.

It's a small price to pay to have fun with your clothes on.

Nate

If there is just a small amount of snow on the ground I also just use a seat like a Bark o lounger, but not that brand.
But when the snow gets a little deeper I use one of those three legged stools that fold up to nothing.
It give me about 16-18 inches of elevation so I'm sitting on it leaving a bit forward so I don't need any back support with it. I make my own shooting sticks so instead of the usual 3 foot ones, I just use some 4 foot ones because of the added height to the stool.
This one is similar to mine, but mine don't swivel.
HTH

It's been a little chilly here lately.

Blueballs.jpg

I wear goretex lined bibs and parka under nylon mil surp whites. I use a back pack chair that has a built in back support and lots of pockets. It is comfortable enough to fall asleep in even in sub zero weather. I have had my clients do it.
lol.gif

chair.jpg

That seat is out of production. The company went under.
I have a friend who bought up all the remaining stock. I'll see if he has any left. I sold lots of them and never had anything but positive feedback.

I just use an air filled camo pad that has a strap I fasten around my waist. When the snow is deep I use my foot to clear it away so I don't sink in when I sit down. My backside is always nice and dry.. Pad cost like $7.00 at Wally World.

Back