Just retired

This virus has put a crimp in my plans. Prolly should stick here with the parentals till things normalize. Has anyone ever taken a big field trip and went hunting with a bunch of youse guys over the course of a month or so. I wouldn’t mind having someone stop in and go after yotes for a couple a days, learn some new settup strategies.

Those month long trips and hunting with the guys here at PM is the PM convention for me. I try to hunt my way there and my way back. Otherwise I'm pretty much a loaner and a fur hunter so it is just in the winter and usually only for a week or two at a time, might have a newbie meet me for a day or so.

Nothing I enjoy more is to campout by myself, quiet, no pressure to produce and I can spend all the time I want scouting new areas.

I’m sort of spoiled around here, i mostly hunt at night now. I hunt farms, some working some not ,doesn’t seem to matter. Usuall only have to walk behind the barns and start calling. Coyotes run all over these places after dark.

The virus has many things shutdown here at least to may 4th, no camping, hunting, fishing on public lands.
Think federal sites are closed too and have heard of vandalism problems.
What a bummer. Bet they stole the toilet paper.
So where does that leave the bears.

Back