just for fun! whats your favorite production rifle make,model, and cal

I'm with Hidalgo on the Ruger. I have a M77 MK II All Weather in 223 that shoots great, is light and looks good, too. That would have to be my favorite, although I do like my 10/22, my Savage HMR, oh, and then there is my Beeman R1 air rifle in 5mm, but that is another topic.

kevlars

Most any Winchester is my favorite. I've got a number of them and each one has it's time and place. Out of all of them the Model 1903 .22 Winchester Automatic is my all time favorite. It's not anything like any other gun I've ever taken too. For those of you that are not familiar with the .22 Winchester Automatic it is a toatlly dedicated .22 .The ammunition is similar to .22 long rifle but the case is slightly bigger in diameter but just about the same length as the .22 lr. Ammunition was hard to find back in the 1960's and is all but non-existant now but for what you can find and afford at some gun shows. I would guess that a original full box of ammo would be several hundred dollars. When I first got the gun you could buy .22 lr for about .50 cents a box. The .22 Winchester Automatic in those days was around $3.00 a box. It's the gun that the Marathon shooters like Annie Oakley used to shoot in the ariel 2x2 inch competitions. Those shoots would involve hitting in the neighborhood of 200,000 2x2 inch blocks of wood before missing. I just look at mine and wish I could find a truck full of ammo somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am going to have to chime in with an old school gun ... been my favorite since I was a kid .. Rem. 722 .257 roberts.. don't look like much but its been a shooter for as long as I can remember.

Hidalgo I too love Ruger they put a good gun in the hands of many that have limits to there spending ,my choice 25/06 77 @ 45/70 sharps or marlin.

pa bob nailed it. 222 sako l461, beutiful, and accurate.

my first deer gun, 243 parker hale, mauser action, palm swell, 6x leupold m8, killed 34 deer in 18 years with 40 bullets, mostly whitetail, half on the run. some guns just fit.

Winchester Model 70 Pre 64' for old fave
Thompson Icon for new school fave, kinda has the best of everything. Just need to have some additional calibers to select from

Back