Just dumped my photo bucket. What are you using for pictures?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotanybody know what needs to be done to post the picture here instead of the link to the picture?

Typically, you just need to enclose the url that you posted inside img tags. So, it would look like this if you took away the dashes on either end:

-
-

There is an opening img tag -
" and the closing img tag -

- DAA

- DAA

Looks like my photos are gone too. I have accumulated a lot of photos there over the years. Maybe that's why that mine are gone and some others aren't?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Looks like my photos are gone too. I have accumulated a lot of photos there over the years. Maybe that's why that mine are gone and some others aren't?

I don't think that matters, David. I had quite a few, also and they broke all links on PM, but left my pics on two other (less used) forums. This morning, they broke one of two links. Don't think there's any rhyme or reason.

PB has been leading up to this for some time, making it more and more difficult to use their system.

I spent the better part of two days trying to recover my photos. NIGHTMARE! Takes up to 6 attempts to download and then approximately 30% of pics are garbled beyond use....ever see a deer/dachshund cross? Screen locks up, "Photobucket not responding due to long running script", "time has expired"
and many, more................

I wonder if they have just reached the limits of their system or if they are just CS? One way or the other, there is no way I'll patronize them, let alone to the tune of $400/yr.

Regards,
hm

i had not logged into pb for quite awhile. after just now going there i remember why. ad after ad. pop up after pop up. disruption after disruption. what a bunch of garbage.

i think almost every pic i ever uploaded there i still have on my computer. well there was a time when we were hacked by something called ransom ware and they took a lot of the pics off our computer. might be some of the ones they stole from us that would be saved on pb. probably is.

but i am done with pb. hope i can get my pics off there somehow, but if not i wont lose a wink over it. $400 a month? have they gone bat *^%# crazy?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
but i am done with pb. hope i can get my pics off there somehow, but if not i wont lose a wink over it. $400 a month? have they gone bat *^%# crazy?

Here ya go, Slick. Stu posted in the other PB thread in Members Club House. It was an uphill battle with a short stick for me, but he said he didn't have any trouble. My firewall may be interfering, I seem to have a lot of trouble that others do not experience......couldn't be a lack of computer skills....or could it?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishtry this to save off your pics:

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/201892970-Downloading-Albums

I haven't done it yet, just found it by searching for a way to do it.

Regards,
hm

I had no problems in that regard, David. Try downloading one of your albums, save it, then open it and see if it opens. Mine did. Others much more knowledgeable than I can probably answer your ? though.

My problems with PB is, and has been for several months, in getting their attention. I did lose probably 30% of my pics during the download that were distorted beyond use.

Regards
hm

Originally Posted By: reddog964Originally Posted By: IvetI dumped PH today as well after cleaning out my pictures.

so what did you do with your pic?
I deleted them all off PB. I have the originals on my hard drive still.

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Try downloading one of your albums, save it, then open it and see if it opens. Mine did.

hm, i would be lucky to be half as knowledgeable as you are on this stuff. seriously. this computer stuff makes me look really ignorant. and it don't take much to do that.
smile.gif

so question. download it and save it to where? the computer.

furthermore, i don't even see anything that says *download*. lol

but it is weird because i can still copy the url thing on all my pictures and paste it here and it works.

it will say download album in the bottom right corner in Blue letters on PB, it takes forever.

it downloads it to your "downloads" on your computer...

Quote: furthermore, i don't even see anything that says *download*. lol

but it is weird because i can still copy the url thing on all my pictures and paste it here and it works.

Ha, Slick. Since you had not used the "third party posting", you hadn't been caught yet. Now ya done it. PB gonna send the sheriff after ya now! By the way that's a good lookin' fence you're stuck in according to those pictures!
thumbup.gif

Just joshin' ya. Reddog answered your question below, though. Clicking on the blue "download album", located to the right of your chosen album will put it in your "download file"; then chose "save". Hopefully you guys won't lose as many as I did in the process. They are, of course still available @ photobucket FWIW, you just can't use them any more unless you pay the ransom.
cursing.gif

Originally Posted By: reddog964it will say download album in the bottom right corner in Blue letters on PB, it takes forever.

it downloads it to your "downloads" on your computer...

Regards,
hm

i am on pb and doing what you guys said. i get to the box where i prove i am not a robot, i prove it, lol, then hit the blue download box and absolutely nothing happens.

tried it on 3 different albums. all the same. i hate photobucket.

on second thought maybe it knows i am a robot and just cant make it believe i am not. hmmm.

Hit the close button after you hit the blue button! it will then send you a e mail saying ready to down load, hit it!

everything i have down loaded has worked and looked perfect, im saving everything to my e drive now, but still lots on PB i need to save/move,

Originally Posted By: reddog964Hit the close button after you hit the blue button! it will then send you a e mail saying ready to down load, hit it!

i never get a close button?

Originally Posted By: reddog964Hit the close button after you hit the blue button! it will then send you a e mail saying ready to down load, hit it!

everything i have down loaded has worked and looked perfect, im saving everything to my e drive now, but still lots on PB i need to save/move,

Hey, Red, do you close photobucket immediately after hitting the blue "download" button before PB responds? Like Slick says, it takes forever and maybe that's what's distorting so many of my pics.
I have received the emails but never closed out PB between attempts to download albums.

Regards,
hm

Back