Just Another Day on Our "Safer Than Ever" US Southern Border

hm1996

Staff member
This just ran on local news.

http://www.krgv.com/news/2-dead-after-chase-north-of-la-joya/

My hunting lease is three miles from where the reporter is standing.
High speed chases are almost a daily occurance in the area, yet we are to believe the administrations claims that the border is secure.

Quote:2 Dead after Chase North of La Joya

Posted: Oct 25, 2012 4:09 PM
Updated: Oct 25, 2012 4:37 PM

NORTH OF LA JOYA - Two people were killed today after a high-speed chase involving Texas Department of Public Safety troopers in western Hidalgo County.

Officials said the dead are not a law enforcement officers.

Multiple law enforcement agencies converged on FM 2221 and Mile 7 Road where a pursuit ended.

La Joya ISD police said a lockdown at Juarez-Lincoln High School was related to this incident. That lockdown has since been lifted.

Regards,
hm

Lyle, I haven't seen an illegal on the ranch, but have seen lots of sign. Used to leave my firearms locked in the truck at night but take them into bunkhouse now. Haven't heard so much about them lately, but the Mara Salvatrucha gang used to be active in the area.

The road pictured in original news clip is a gravel county road cutting numerous large ranches in half and sees a lot of oil field and gravel pit truck traffic. It is well maintained with a 45 mph speed limit. Loose gravel and 3' bar ditches on both sides of the road would make a vehicle traveling at high speed a danger to the public. Dust clouds block vision completely behind all traffic. This could have entered into the decision to fire at tires IMO.

Just watched the newest story which has not yet been posted on TV web page. Lots of locals questioning why shots fired from chopper. Hope they do not try to hang the troopers out to dry. It would seem they were trying to stop the pickup, which was fleeing ground units at the time and which had a black tarp covering what officers thought to be drugs, by shooting out the tires.

The following was broadcast earlier today; video @ link.

Quote:DPS Troopers Believed Truck Was Loaded with Drugs

Updated: Oct 26, 2012 4:31 PM

NORTH OF LA JOYA -Texas Department of Public Safety troopers believed a pickup truck they were chasing was loaded with drugs before they opened fire on it.

TxDPS officials issued a statement saying that troopers aboard a helicopter said they saw a tarp covering what looked like drug bundles. That's when the helicopter crew aimed at the truck's tires and opened fire.

The truck came to a stop and eight suspected illegal immigrants jumped out. The incident left two people dead, the statement said.

TxDPS officials have not confirmed if the shots killed the two victims.

Seven of the immigrants are from Guatemala. They are in Border Patrol custody.

Border Patrol officials have not determined the identity of the two victims who died.

TxDPS officials are questioning one person in connection with the case.
http://www.krgv.com/news/dps-troopers-believed-truck-was-loaded-with-drugs

Regards,
hm

Quote:Holder will throw them to the dogs....I think it's about time the 'Dogs' were turned loose on Holder...

I've never witnessed such one sided efforts to abandon lawful pursuit of criminal in the time I've been around...and I've been privy to some small county 'good ole boy' actions as well as the actions of citizens that have gotten fed up with malfeasance of office...

Click on link for video.

Quote:Guatemalan Consul Demands Answers on Deadly Chase

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 6:02 PM

Updated: Oct 26, 2012 6:35 PM

1McALLEN - Seven survivors of Thursday's deadly chase north of La Joya are telling their side of the story, the Guatemalan consul said Friday.

The consul interviewed the men. They want to know why two of their compatriots are dead.

Guatemalan Consul Alba D. Caceres said the immigrants were not armed. She said they had just made a 20-day journey to reach the United States.

"They are in shock. They can't explain what happened. They don't understand why the helicopter, or the officer in the helicopter, shot at them," Caceres said.

Six immigrants were in the bed of the truck holding a blanket over their heads, Caceres said.

Caceres said the immigrants heard rapid fire coming from the helicopter. She said the men in the truck were not covered.

"I can't believe how this happened, because this is in the helicopter, they can see ... I believe," she said.

Texas Department of Public Safety officials said the helicopter crew fired on the truck because it represented a danger to the public and other drivers on the road.

"The road is a dirt road, how (do) you explain that?" Caceres said.

"They don't have any guns, they don't have any drugs, they are just illegal aliens like everybody knows," she said.

Two of the men in the bed of the truck are dead.

"We don't have official information, and that is the big problem. ... We need to understand why this happened, why two Guatemalan citizens are now dead, why?" Caceres said.

The names of the two med who died are not being released. Caceres said they have children in Guatemala. She said they are working to notify their families.

http://www.krgv.com/news/guatemalan-consul-demands-answers-on-deadly-chase

Regards,
hm

Video W/DPS radio transmissions @ link:

Quote:Recordings May Shed Light into Deadly ChaseFont size

Updated: Oct 26, 2012 12:02 AM

HIDALGO COUNTY - Recordings of communications between a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter and troopers on the ground may shed some light into a high-speed chase the left two people dead Thursday north of La Joya.

The chase started when Texas Parks and Wildlife Department game wardens spotted a suspicious vehicle. They tried to stop the vehicle but the driver refused to pull over and a chase ensued.

A Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter and troopers on the ground joined the pursuit, officials said.

"HP units, be advised he's still southbound coming up to a hard right in about a quarter of a mile," the helicopter crew said. "Speeds are 80 miles an hour."

What happened next isn't clear.

"Going to try and shoot one of the tires out. We have a clear spot. Highway patrol maintain your distance. Copy?" the helicopter crew said.

Moments later the helicopter crew said "shots fired."

TxDPS officials have not confirmed who pulled the trigger or if anyone was shot.

"Get that EMS unit out here stat ... stat!" the voice said.

The TxDPS helicopter pilot offered to airlift one of the victims.

"If we need to evac this guy we can. I don't think ... uh ... air evac is lost," the pilot said.

Two people died and a third person was injured.

Texas Rangers are investigating the incident.

http://www.krgv.com/news/recordings-may-shed-light-into-deadly-chase/

Regards,
hm

Back