Ir hunter mk3

Yes we are taking pre-orders on it now. Just email us at sales@tnvc.com. We will not take your money until released officially. We also have deep discounts for PM members as well.

We have been test firing the new units over the last few days.

MKIII%20Reticle_zpshllxiwh4.jpg

IRH-MK3-SCREEN-1_zpslclflpxd.jpg

MK3-GUN-1_zpsnt0gmmuu.jpg

MK3-GUN-2_zpsnwcap4hg.jpg

Our new MKIII is getting a workout. We shot a .5" zero group at 50 yards to start things off. We're having a great time with this newest release from IRD. Much more to come....

MKIIIb_zps6umocgsw.jpg

MKIIIa%203_zpslbmdfos4.jpg

Same resolution at the MKII but with a 60mm lens. This lens is REAL special and hard to make with incredible f/stop at 1.25 for a 60mm lens like this is pretty impressive!

4.5x Optical Mag with 32x Digi...Now we're talking!
7deg FOV
60hz
Stadiametric Range Finder
Digital Position Read out on come ups and come downs clicks! (FINALLY)
5 Reticle Patterns
Multiple Save Reticle Locations for mounting on other platforms
Larue dual mount (really it's not a fake one, but a battle proven mount).
icon_smile_cool.gif

More details are forthcoming as well

We are taking Pre-Orders at Sales at TNVC dot com, we will not take your money first!

Screen shot of range finding a whitetail deer yesterday with the MKIII. Crappy phone pic and also high magnification, but you get a very good idea what the unit is doing. Plus even on a tri-pod the MKIII was shaking a bit.

MKIII%20Range%20Finder_zpslstdwxik.jpg

I know that this has been discussed elsewhere but, how many of these upgrades will make it to the MKII? Also, how/ when will that happen?

Thanks,
Steve.

Originally Posted By: SledgeI know that this has been discussed elsewhere but, how many of these upgrades will make it to the MKII? Also, how/ when will that happen?

Thanks,
Steve.

Hi Steve, we are still getting information about the upgrades and costs it will take to do it. The software is a major re-work.

Vic

Nice, way out of my budget, but darn nice.

Question: does the scope have stages of magnification adjustment from 4.5x up to 32x, or is it either/or of the two?

Vic, .5" group at 50 yards seems pretty darn good.

Originally Posted By: kyle crickenbergerhttp://www.ultimatenightvision.com/IR-Hunter-MK-III-p/irhm3-640-60-k.htm Has anyone seen this yet?

Yes....Major difference is software. This version has a rangefinder function, x-y axis for reticle, and a few more reticles. The mount is a dual lever Larue instead of the single lever.

Note also that this 60mm model only has a 7 degree FOV. A very long range unit and pretty much useless at close range on running targets.

If you like the bells and whistles it will be available in a 35mm version also.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SledgeI know that this has been discussed elsewhere but, how many of these upgrades will make it to the MKII? Also, how/ when will that happen?

Thanks,
Steve.

I doubt you will see this software available for the Mark II. If they offered that they would not sell many of the Mark III units.

For example.... the only difference between the IR Patrol M250 and the M300 is the reticle software. You cannot send a M250 unit in and have the M300 software package installed.

The only thing that appeals to me is the X-Y axis readout for the reticle and that should have been in the software from the beginning. I had a Digisight N550 that had X-Y axis readout for the reticle.....pretty lame that it was not written into the Mark II package.

Last edited:

The IR Defense upgrade program is as follows:

If you own a 35mm Mark II and you want the 60mm Mark III you can send your Mark II unit in and they will convert it to the 60mm Mark III for the price difference between the 2 units.

The same applies if you want your 35mm Mark II converted to the 35mm Mark III. You will get a complete package upgrade to include the dual lever Larue mount for whatever the price difference is.

If you own a Mark II and you just want the X-Y axis feature there in NO program in place for that right now. However, at some point in the near future there MAY be a software upgrade available for this at a nominal cost.

Last edited:
Gman,
I had to send in my MK II unit last week due to a issue. I asked about any updates to the MK II and I was told no. I was told there would be some 320 core units that will be cheaper later this year. I'm with you about the X-Y axis upgrade. I would be fine with just that. IR Defense, if you are reading this, just the X-Y axis is all I'm asking for.

I would like to see them factory collimated for clip-on use similar to my Flir T-70s, attempting to use any of them as a clip on is a PITA, M-300 included.

Originally Posted By: jwdakotaHas anyone done the upgrade program? If so, was it worth it?

It has not been announced from IRD as yet nor any details.

Is the upgrade program still going on? I bought a 19mm and after looking through the 35mm I hate the 19mm. haha

I would love to upgrade!!

Dang! That scope on that 50bmg looks good!!

Last edited:
Back