Input on rifle build

Before I switched to '15, I was shooting 46gr of Varget in my 308 with 168s. Was getting much better results pushing it hard.

I'd suggest working up from 43gr and seeing how it does....

I like 175s better than 168s for LR target shooting. Have shot about every match bullet in existence out of my 308s........

I think I would lean towards the 175s as well, for that really longer distance.

Get a better stock. Mcmillan, Manners or maybe an HS Precision. Bed it properly.

Then, your groups will tighten, depending on your barrel quality.

To get the group to tighten to the optimum, you will need to work up in small increments, testing each loading fairly extensively, to get which load gives you the vibration around that "sweet spot". Just picking a load and randomly shooting it to see if it works is like trying to pull a lotto ticket for a win, at random.
Systematically working up a load, after first removing as many eratic variables as possible will give you the results which will shine for that rifle. It takes, time, trigger time, and a fair investment in components.

Additionally, the trigger adjustment and trigger quality can have a pretty big factor, as well as quality of optics at the ranges you are talking about.

$.02

re

Well I did not like the small bolt knob on the rem 700. I got this idea from a guy on SnipersHide.

used

http://www.camskill.co.uk/smsimg/1489/12..._putty-1489.jpg

step 1

1027122129.jpg

step 2

so it would not mess up how it closed

1027122126.jpg

1027122130a.jpg

step 3 - 4 -5

mix, apply, shape, sand and paint

1027122220.jpg

1027122222b.jpg

The bolt knob mod was a success. I really like how much easier it makes it to cycle

Went shooting today... I did not get any pictures of the 100 yard groups "DUR" But when i did my part it was right around 1/2 inch.

Here is a video shooting 500 yards. ( one of the guys swore. in case that bugs you don't watch it)

try some ram shot tac my 308 loves it 43.5 i blive(its been a long time that i reloded for it) with a 175 bug and out of a 26" barrl its about 2850fps nice grouping to at 100yd.

Went to a spot where I have got a few coyotes in the past. Looking for an opportunistic long range shot on one... after an hour. I decided it was time to go. So I to took a shot on a rock 669 yards away. First shot! man I love this gun!

Back