Info on .223 AI loads for Coyotes

Originally Posted By: ackleymanHuckleberry75, have you killed any coyotes with that 80.5g Berger?

All these were killed with the 80.5 gr Berger Ackleyman.

And these.

And these

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75

VERY nice rig! Looks like she gonna shoot too
thumbup.gif
I have come to very much like the EH1.

Just to add to the conversation: I have a 223AI with a 1-8", 22" barrel & run the 75Amax at just over 3000fps. I found few load listings hotter than what I'm running but that's were she shot best & does shoot very well. I reamed with a 60 free bore & the 75's seat right at the neck/shoulder junction with the boatail on the amax. I can also get 60gr vmax & even the 53 to the lands. Ran the 53's for a short while (but never crono'd); they would turn stuff inside out; but the 75's make hits over 350+ easier (noticeably less wind drift; crows & such are pretty small horizontally), so I went to the 75's exclusively. The 75 amax also kills very well (not as spectacular as the 53's though) and is even good enough for deer.

The 22-204 AWS spoke of is another very interesting option if you look into it. Pretty much duplicates the 223AI without fire-forming; but then you loose the *cheap & plentiful* brass advantage of the 223AI. Still worth looking into maybe unless one already committed with brass, dies, etc.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanHuckleberry75, have you killed any coyotes with that 80.5g Berger?

I was having a hard time finding this bullet on Berger's web site until I realized it's marketed as a target bullet. Seems your results speak for themselves on terminal performance. Very cool!

Back