Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home

Jeff Mock

INDIANAPOLIS — A convicted sex offender died Sunday during a struggle with a father who found the naked man in or near his 17-year-old daughter's bedroom, police said.

Police responding to a call from the city's northwest side about 3:20 a.m. found 64-year-old Robert McNally on the hallway floor with his arm around the neck of 52-year-old David T. Meyers, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount said Meyers had a heart condition and may have had a heart attack. An autopsy was planned.

Police said Meyers was naked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl's bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife. He was familiar with the home's layout because it belonged to a relative, police said.

The girl awoke and screamed when she saw the man in her room, police said. The father responded and struggled with the intruder while the girl's mother phoned 911.

Police did not anticipate any charges against McNally.

"If a person breaks into your home, you are justified in using deadly force in defending your family," said Mount. "In this situation, I don't think he was trying to kill him, he was trying to hold him down."

Meyers had served 10 years in prison for criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct and was wanted in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender. He was registered as a sex offender in Marion County.

Police said Meyers lived with his mother and had recently lost his job.

The death is under investigation and will be reviewed by a Marion County prosecutor.

"Nobody wins," McNally told The Indianapolis Star. "It's a lose-lose situation for everybody. He has family also."

He said his daughter went to church Sunday after the incident.

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS — I don't think he was trying to kill him, he was trying to hold him down."

Let me get this straight...

1.) Father wakes up and hears his 17 year old daughter screaming...

2.) Runs into her room and finds a naked man wearing a mask and latex gloves carrying a knife and some rope...

3.) Father then confronts the attacker...

4.) Father grabs attacker from behind, and puts him into a headlock...

5.) While holding the naked attacker who is wearing said mask and latex gloves, the father does not intend to kill the attacker???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif GOOD FOR DAD!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You guys have said it all, really. Dittos!

Thank God that home had a dad in it and, gosh, that's a real shame that the 52 y-o rapeo who still lives at home with his mommy had a heart attack. I'd have hoped dad would at least had the satisfaction of snapping his neck.

Good riddance!

I'm still wandering why they are spending taxpayer money to find the cause of death? Who cares why he died or how under the circimstances!?

I can promise you this, all my kids know how to shoot and have been told if they get past the Bulldog shoot till they stop moving!

Quote:
I'm still wandering why they are spending taxpayer money to find the cause of death? Who cares why he died or how under the circimstances!?

I can promise you this, all my kids know how to shoot and have been told if they get past the Bulldog shoot till they stop moving!

Good point. Here's a clue. The perp died from his inability to breathe. Good for the dad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited:
Is there anything out there that is "stronger" than an ANGRY, SCARED Dad???

It's a wonder the guy's head didn't pop right off his body!

Well, isn't that a sad and tragic story?

Okay, I'm over it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The cops are really not going to try and charge this guy with anything, because most of them have families, too.

I hate that the poor gentleman had to strain himself choking the life out of this POS. He needs to use the method we find easier in Mississippi:

BANG! DRT!

His body should be put on display in the local prison showing what happens when you mess with poor innocent little girls whose fathers love them. Three cheers for Dad!!!

BTW, the cause of death was a looser showing up naked in a good man's home who loved his children. It'll get you dead everytime.

Yeah, but the left wing media will make public that the daughter was a teen tramp working as a self proclaimed prostitute seducing her weak, homeless, terminally ill cancer stricken lover into her bedroom through the open window. Then she held him at gun point while the mother brutally sodemized the poor loved starved man with an opened umbrella just prior to the right wing gun owning, NRA lifetime member father murdering him.

First thing I would have handed the cops would have been his nuts then said " I found these when I got home, maybe they belong to him" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:

First thing I would have handed the cops would have been his nuts then said " I found these when I got home, maybe they belong to him" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ROTFL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Best comment yet FALFire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back