IMR 3031 and .224 calibers???

Z, I have used IMR 3031 in both the .223 and 22/250 with excellent accuracy in both. Like some of the others said it is a stick powder and doesn't flow well in my measures etc. I use Win 748 in the .223 because of it measures so well and gives good accuracy and velocity too. I shoot the 22/250 less so I will set down and weigh 3031 charges for it.

As far as the TNT 50g bullets go I like them a lot for coyotes; in fact they are my bullet of choice. I am a newby coyote hunter but have killed 12 or more with the 50g TNTs over 748 out of .223s. They work really well and act like a grenade when they enter the body. I have had good results with less than ideal hits too. If it enters the body cavity anywhere from stem to stern you got a dead dog and soon. They rarely ever penetrate and are not prone to richochets because of their construction. I have only had one runner that I 'thought' I hit. He didn't act right as he ran off but I couldn't find any blood or hair. It was in the woods and I was thinking maybe the bullet splashed on a twig or something just in front of him.
Anyway I want to try and find some 55g TNTs to use in the 9" twist rifles that I use but they are hard to find currently. Give the TNTs a try; I think you will like them. TnTnTN

Back