Impulse buy

Leadbelly

Had some cash in my pocket and walked into the knife store........ You know the rest of the story.
Nothing special, just a case fixed blade Bowie with stacked leather handle.

At least your impulse buys are useful.

I still haven't worn that leisure suit from 1978.

smile.gif

Sweet knife. I like stacked leather.
My first and most used hunting knife is an old stacked leather Estwing.

Not sure how useful she will be. This blade is huge compared to what I normally use. Guess it'll work well for cutting the windpipe out of a deer.

Can't recall handling a estwing knife. Got one of there hatchets, the thing is built like a tank!

Originally Posted By: LeadbellyNot sure how useful she will be. This blade is huge compared to what I normally use. Guess it'll work well for cutting the windpipe out of a deer.

Can't recall handling a estwing knife. Got one of there hatchets, the thing is built like a tank!

Yea,,, I guess they weren't very popular because I've never seen another.
Great knife though. Good ol 1095 carbon steel and stacked leather.
I'd post a pic but I haven't been able to get photobucket to work for a couple weeks now.
It's always something with them. I really need to find another photo hosting site.

When you say "big" ,,,,just how big is that knife?
Maybe you can loan it to Rich for clearing brush for a while.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: LeadbellyNot sure how useful she will be. This blade is huge compared to what I normally use. Guess it'll work well for cutting the windpipe out of a deer.

smile.gif

Not quite that big........... Maybe big enough to use as a fleshing knife in a pinch
smile.gif

I'm sure they're out there but I've never seen another.
My best friend's dad gave it to me back in the 60's. I have no idea how old it was at the time but it had been bouncing around in the bottom of his Jeep for years.

Best knife I've ever owned for allot of reasons.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: LeadbellyNot sure how useful she will be. This blade is huge compared to what I normally use. Guess it'll work well for cutting the windpipe out of a deer.

Yea,,, I guess they weren't very popular because I've never seen another.
Great knife though. Good ol 1095 carbon steel and stacked leather.
I'd post a pic but I haven't been able to get photobucket to work for a couple weeks now.
It's always something with them. I really need to find another photo hosting site.

smile.gif

I need a big knife maybe even one of them Ninja swords the Jagger bushes are so thick down here, one time I shot a deer DRT and it never hit the ground, all them pricker vines just kinda held it up
tt2.gif

Back