I'm really curious

Just speaking shorthand.
grin.gif

I use the term universally for coyotes, foxes, prairie dogs, ugly chicks, slow cars, whatever....

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerI use the term universally for coyotes, foxes, prairie dogs, ugly chicks, slow cars, whatever....

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerJust speaking shorthand.
grin.gif

I use the term universally for coyotes, foxes, prairie dogs, ugly chicks, slow cars, whatever....

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

So the really, really ugly chicks, I'm talking the double sack types, the michelle obama jobbers, the pelosi's of the world, are they coyote ugly or dog ugly*

I was out riding around on a county road and had stopped to pull over and take a look when a rancher pulled up and asked if I was allright?, I told him "yeah, I was just looking for dogs", his response was "did you lose some", from then on I always say coyotes when I talk to anyone about them.

I hear ya Richie.

I can't imagine anybody using the word dog when asking a rancher/farmer/land owner about getting permission to hunt coyotes.

Maybe some guys do, I don't know. But I can almost assure you what the landowners I know would say. lol

whenever i ask a landowner i refer to them as coyote, when i talk to other predator hunters i say dog as a kind of metaphor! either way i ask they tell me no because they have cattle they dont want harmed! so im usualy in the timber with a shotgun!

Originally Posted By: DustballsKind of the same when people refer to Antelope as goats or speed goats. When they are not even part of the goat family.

They aren't part of the antelope family either... North American Pronghon if you please. They are a completely unique species... so calling them "antelope" is the same as calling them "goats"...

Originally Posted By: 6mmOriginally Posted By: DustballsKind of the same when people refer to Antelope as goats or speed goats. When they are not even part of the goat family.

They aren't part of the antelope family either... North American Pronghon if you please. They are a completely unique species... so calling them "antelope" is the same as calling them "goats"...

You are kind of correct. http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/may/papr/pronghorn.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesI see guys refering to coyotes as dogs all the time.

Why do YOU say dog(s) when you are talking about coyotes?

I use the term dog when refering to a male coyote, as in "I called a pair and shot the dog". The female would the [beeep].

Originally Posted By: Colorado Coyotes I use the term dog when refering to a male coyote, as in "I called a pair and shot the dog". The female would the [beeep].

Really?

I'm gonna have to pay closer attention to how you talk.

Back