If you had to choose between magnification or illuminated reticle...

Ive had 4 illuminated scopes of the years. All went have been used actually illuminated about 5 mins. For me, its not worth it.

99.9% of my hunting/shooting is in the day light so I choose my retical based on normal light and clarity/quality of my glass. No illuminated stuff here. I have used Leupold for years and now some Zeiss both of which do the job for me at the highest level. Truthfully, if I live long enough, I might want to look at an illuminated retical as my eyes get worse but not now.

I know some of ya all are in love with them but not me..... for now

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GhostmanGlass quality, tracking and reliability trumps both.

That is true but a scope possessing the above qualities along with a 0.1" to not more than a 0.250" illuminated dot has some benefit in low light or a dark target/background setting. It's just money.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: cmateraThanks all. I’m going with the magnification over the illuminated reticle.

That has been my choice. I have been shooting coyotes after legal game shooting time with a 3-15 and enjoy the extra when sighting in.

Never turned an illuminated reticle on while hunting... I choose a reticle that works in low light, and don’t like a red reticle with a red light anyway.

It would be our pleasure to assist you in obtaining a scope as well as working with your PM member special pricing.
I'll be in the store all week if you'd like to give a call.
Enjoy the balance of the weekend.

I feel like if i have a scope that doesn't have an Illuminated Recticle then i will always wish i had it. But if it does have IR then ill never use it.
Happens every time it feels like. I have about 50/50 split on non IR and IR scopes.

The best IR scope i've seen is the Leupold VX-6 HD 3.5-10x50 i think it was, Only the very center of the cross hair illuminated with a red dot and it would go low enough to not blow you out even covering the objective lens.

Cameraland is a good place to buy from. Ive bought several scopes from them over the years and they don't disappoint in the least.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724I don't like that choice, I want both so I went Trijicon Accupoint TR20-2.

What size is the dot on that one?

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724I don't like that choice, I want both so I went Trijicon Accupoint TR20-2.

I’d pick high quality glass first, hands down. I’m more of a deer hunter personally but the Trijicon Accupoint is worth looking at for coyotes too. I have the green dot 2.5-10 x 56 on my SML. It’s amazing for a scope in that price range. To beat it, I’d have to double the price and step into a Zeiss or better...

Back