If you could have just one...

AzDiamondHeat

What would you BUY if you could have only one can for all of your rifles. This is one you would have to buy, so no sponsor bias here...lol. I add that because I want to see how price affects your opinion as well.

Skinney could you explain why? I also am mulling over the OP's question. At what point does cost, weight, length, and mounting system meet in harmony?

I just bought a silencerCo spec war 7.62 I'll let you know how it is in about 4 months when I can pick it up
thumbup1.gif

SilencerCo Saker 7.62. The modularity of this can is superb. Mounts, end caps etc. performnce and price are excellent too....

Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrSkinney could you explain why? I also am mulling over the OP's question. At what point does cost, weight, length, and mounting system meet in harmony?

The SF can is a nice can don't get me wrong, and probably works awesome for military applications, but the sound suppression is by far outside my expectations for a hunting can...
Something to ponder, basic rule of thumb, the more expensive the product the higher quality it is (regarding the gear in our industry), Look at Simmons and Swarovski, whether it's got more options, made out of better materials, took longer to R&D or T&E, etc. etc. You get my point
There are a few manufacturers out there now who are catering to the sportsmen, and they are significantly dropping the price, making them much more affordable, which is awesome for the average Joe... Personally I would love to get my hands on a few "more affordable" cans and run the pi$$ out of them like we do with our gear and see if they hold the repeatability, or sound suppression, or round count, etc. etc.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: ksduckhntrSkinney could you explain why? I also am mulling over the OP's question. At what point does cost, weight, length, and mounting system meet in harmony?

The SF can is a nice can don't get me wrong, and probably works awesome for military applications, but the sound suppression is by far outside my expectatios

Both are valid points.......I went with the SF can because I consistently get in 900-1000 stands every season and the ruggedness of their product is what sold me on the higher price point.

Originally Posted By: Swift516SilencerCo Saker 7.62. The modularity of this can is superb. Mounts, end caps etc. performnce and price are excellent too....

I couldn't agree more. You won't find one with more mounting options. Plus it's full auto rated down to. 7.5" barrel. That means she can take a beating. Also sico warranty and customer service is top notch.

I love my SRT Hurricane XL Ti... Superbly built. Would love to get another one for my kid's rifle. Super quiet. It'll be around long after I'm in the ground.

Originally Posted By: Arizona Bushman

Both are valid points.......I went with the SF can because I consistently get in 900-1000 stands every season and the ruggedness of their product is what sold me on the higher price point.

That's a lot of stands, and I'm sure a lot of kills accommodate it... There is no doubt after using and evaluating the SF can, it's built like a tank, and will last your lifetime...
Your principle applies to mine, we cover miles, and miles, sets and sets, and kill hundreds of coyotes annually (during the prime months), I'm gonna pay the extra few hundy, or extra few thousand to get something I know will hold up and flat out perform better in the conditions, variables, terrain, and abuse we put it through, This applies to optics, weapons, gear, clothing etc... Buy once, cry once.

there has been to votes for the srt hurricane xl ti, how does this particular can compare to the hurricane ti? It's shorter but quality and sound reduction similar?

I have shot a half dozen or so but don't own any. I have a Templar archangel on order(waiting for my stamp is excruciating). Thinking about picking up another, and wanted to see your thoughts on quality and Price. Thought maybe about getting a "cheaper" one but seems like I should get another higher quality one. I like the reviews of the new ultra 7.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrI know swift I'm just giving Kerry a hard time because he is a virgin
thumbup.gif

LOL, This is going to be a long 4 or 5 month wait
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrKerry, your going to want to throw that silencerco in the garbage when you hear my yhm 7.62 Qd
tt2.gif

I like my YHM 7.62 QD

Back