Idea for a production call

crapshoot

I was scrolling though my normal websites this morning and this call caught my eye. Im not a duck hunter but thought what if someone made one in the shape of a coyote head? A mold would need to be made and then the bodies cast out of some sort of resin. I believe hunt&carve made one out of wood several years ago.
What do y'all think?

In my collection I have some carved calls. Wood originals, one is the shape of Pacific native Americans eagle design. I do have a carved duck head call but like that one a real duck call. Another one looks like a cow horn, but it all wood. Another is shaped like fox, again carved out of wood.

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrI have actually thought about this. Then quickly remembered that I can’t carve so the idea was short lived

Make it out of clay and then a mold could be made from that.

Well as someone who makes moulds for his toneboards I was intrigued as I read your post but as I look at coyote skulls and think about the concept the more I think it would need to be injection moulded which is far beyond my skills.

It could be an enclosed reed design even. The exhaust could be out a howling coyotes mouth or out the back. I know it would be an endeavor but thought I would draw some serious interest.
Oh well.

Originally Posted By: carvercallsRick Pallett cast one quite a few years back.. Pretty cool looking call.. He sold it in Sportsmans Warehouse..

Anybody got a pic of one?

Where's Alaskanyoter when you need him.

Here is a pic of an Alienator call....

Screenshot_20231128_181503_Chrome.jpg

Kerry and Terry those were great times to be on here. I’ll never forget those calls. We had several amazing call makers back then. I also remember Jim making a “copy” of your call at the Expo

I tried to find a Coyote turd that was straight enough, long enough, and Big enough around that it could be cast in acrylic so that a call could actually be made out of It. I was unsuccessful in finding one that would work.

Back