I was a Victim of a Home Invasion by Police..!!!!

That it..I`m outta here..going to the hardware store for some signs
lol.gif
lol.gif
JK

I have seen a dogs nose become dry, cracked and bleed BTW.

I see both sides, but it doesn't seem the cops did anything wrong, and even showed more restraint than most would have (considering that they called, and waited on you, while someone, even you could've been inside committing a murder as they waited - has happened) - I think I'd've been calling you after the door was breached and the house cleared, and that may have brought up a bad issue with a protective dog.

The "patriot" in me sees your side of it too, and I do respect that also. Being is a form of regulatory enforcement myself, you see all types, and some will lie to you every day,and time is of the essence when "enforcing" the law. Remember Silence of the Lambs to bring up a Hollywood rendition??

I had a co-worker who's mistress was missing, cops showed up to question him, he answered questions, left them into search with no warrant, and when they found her body in the closet in pieces in garbage bags, he shot them, they shot him, he was dead, they were wounded but alive. Never would've thought it with that guy - he trained me, and was a respected worker there. You never know........and I'm not a gov't-loving lib either.

Glad you, the wife, the dog, the cops, and the property are all still ok, and getting better I hope.

A few things come to mind when I read this post. If you have nothing to hide, why not let them in? Why didnt the blood get cleaned off of the window before you went back to work? How are they to know that the story about the dogs nose was true? The police get lied to all the time and the only thing they can do is investigate it. If I was a salesman and came up to a house with blood on the window and nobody came to the door, I would have called the police as well. If this happend to me, I am sure I would not have gotten a courtesy call and my door would have been breached before I got home. It seems like the only thing that would have prevented the search would have been to clean the blood up. The police didnt take your weapons and left when they were sure of the blood source. If a salesman, stranger or friend came to my house and saw blood on the window and nobody came to the door, I would hope they would call the police. One of my family members or even myself could be bleeding out for who knows what reason.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOK, I have to agree with 4949 on this one. You have no idea how that hurts either.
smile.gif

btw, 49, I hear your mayor is a hero now days. Nice to hear something positive once in a while.

That wasn't so bad was it, Cj? Painless!

Yep, Booker did a good job. Not many politicians want to get their hands dirty, never mind risk their lives.

It's not a Canada thing if a salesperson called the police here and said they saw blood it would immediately cause alarm and it should. If you have your guns in accordance with the laws of Canada and they are all legal then there's not an issue. Tell them the story invite them in and show them the dog. Looking around is all part of the job, just this week an officer here was convicted of killing his wife? All the other officers knew him. So saying they work in the same building as you, does not mean anything. Good people sometimes get caught up in bad situations but the police still have a job to do.
I believe in our police departments there are a few bad officers but by far most are good people that need our support. And I for one would do anything needed to defend them if they ever needed my help. Because I know they would do the same for me if I needed it.

Quote:That wasn't so bad was it, Cj? Painless!

Well my didactic, perspicacious, constable, you will never know the internal strife.
smile.gif

Really? Animals? Aiming Spots? There are a lot of LEOs here at PM and some things may be better kept to yourself........just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see now. No doors were beached, no one was arrested, harmed, or molested in any way, and the police left after discovering the source of the blood for them self after receiving a call about blood on a window. It sounds like not much really happened.

Yet if you read down through the thread, the breaching of doors that never happened is now a major concern, and so on. You can find whatever you need for excitement on the internet. It's an interesting place and an avenue for all to vent their otherwise unheard frustrations, I guess. Or maybe some are just frustrated novel writers looking for an audience?

Probably less opposition to the police wanting to discover for them self the source of the blood would have alleviated the issue greatly for everyone involved. But that would make for dull reading, huh?

At least no animals were harmed in the making of this movie. Well, except maybe for the dog who was forced to bleed on command by the homeowner to reduce police suspicion that the home owner only added to with his uncooperative attitude. When you think about it, if I was Rover, I might bite the home owner and shed some additional blood.

Good points Winny Fan, I agree.Thats why I said alot of what if`s.
I`m going outside now and look for Tornados for some real excitement..
lol.gif

New terminology this year? E. Nebraska has a TorCon level 9 for today!

Originally Posted By: Rocky1They might have been a little less suspicious had you explained, let them in, and showed them the dog right away. Refusing them entry didn't help matters at all. And, they're still going to check the house out, even if you do show them the dog, no matter which side of the border you're on, that's part of what they're supposed to do, make sure there aren't any bodies lying around when there's blood everywhere.

Just had a Forest Service cop read me the riot act the other day for having an empty beer can in the console of my truck. As in, had been empty for 2 weeks empty, I just hadn't tossed it out. Tried to tell me that was a good way to get in trouble! I was thinking... probably not, when there isn't a [beeep] drop of anything in it!! Then he asked "You have anything else you aren't supposed to have in the truck." At which point he was really beginning to piss me off.

I simply told him "I don't have anything in my truck, that I'm not supposed to have." He asked to search, I told him to knock himself out, I could care less. Then I told him there was a pistol on the seat and I've got a permit to carry. Which he of course wanted to check out as well. Didn't catch any flack there at all, it actually kinda took the wind out of his sails, but he was still an asss.

When his partner figured out who I was, everything went away in minutes. He bought an old Caddy that belonged to my grandpa from my dad a couple years ago. Took about 2 minutes to print out the warning ticket for no license plate on the vehicle, and send me on my way. Still didn't appreciate the one guy's attitude however, it was uncalled for upon simply looking at the bone dry empty beer can.

Technically, in NM they can arrest you for an open container violation if they find empties in the back of your truck in New Mexico.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI never give consent to a search. What possible good could come from it?

Many times guilty parties will consent. They figure it will go easier for them if they just cooperate. We'll find the dope anyway when we get a canine, and most experienced dopers know this.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI never give consent to a search. What possible good could come from it?

If you have nothing to hide, it will probably save you several hours along the side of the road or out of your home while authorities get a search warrant. A refusal is not going to stop them from searching a car or a home if they have determined a just cause that a judge agrees with.

I've never been searched, but on the other hand, if I am ever searched, I doubt that I'll be worried very much about the outcome.

But what if.. just a what if... they come looking for firearms? How would we react in that situation? They want to confiscate firearms. What would a Guy do? Would it be police doing their jobs? Or would it be invasion? I always wondered about this.

I have never been searched either. But if I do I hope they find all the stuff I have lost...flashlight, holster, pistol case and so on.......If "they" come looking for my guns they will be easy to find. They will be in my hands.....

Last edited:
A few years ago a friend was having trouble with his neighbor's dog- it would come over & crap on the porch, dig up the flower beds, dig holes in the yard, chew things up, etc. etc. Talking to his neighbor brought no relief (he didn't want to be "overly restrictive" in the dog's development). Anyway, several calls to police over several days produced no response. Fourth or fifth call he asked the dispatcher how much the fine was for discharge of a firearm in city limits. Dispatch wanted to know why he would need to know. His response: "Because I've called you several times with no response about my neighbor's dog, so now I'm just going to shoot the dog and I want to know how much it will cost me." The cops arrived very quickly.
Sometimes it not the squeak, but how the squeak sounds to the ears of the hearer.

Crikey! Now we've almost extrapolated this issue to Armageddon.

If those times ever come about, there will be no law and order or judicial system to worry about. It will be an every man for himself scenario and I bet we're all smart enough to see it coming well in advance of the day it happens.

But its good to see that John Wayne lives on through the internet.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI never give consent to a search. What possible good could come from it?

If you have nothing to hide, it will probably save you several hours along the side of the road or out of your home while authorities get a search warrant. A refusal is not going to stop them from searching a car or a home if they have determined a just cause that a judge agrees with.

I've never been searched, but on the other hand, if I am ever searched, I doubt that I'll be worried very much about the outcome.

I have heard that reply about "nothing to hide" many times. I also know too many good patriotic men died for our rights and freedoms, I don't want to just give them up. What other rights are you willing to give up? If five-O feels the need to search my home, car, or what ever they need to do it legally, get that piece of paper.

I hear many Turds confess to crimes that would perhaps go unsolved too.

Back