I need a non-lethal gun for deer

Originally Posted By: Mark2 Or a life size poster of Nancy Pelosi would work:)

mark2

Pelosi !!!

Hey, I don't want to scare them into therapy, I just want to scare them out of my yard.

That would just be cruel !!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JMAudioOriginally Posted By: Mark2 Or a life size poster of Nancy Pelosi would work:)

mark2

Pelosi !!!

Hey, I don't want to scare them into therapy, I just want to scare them out of my yard.

A poster of Pelosi wouldn't scare them into therapy, It would kill them.

if you have a shotgun, they make buckshot with rubber balls instead of real lead, i think they are actualy called riot rounds?
other than that, your best bet is a paintball gun!

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuI'll sell ya dog, With a money back guarantee they will keep deer out of the yard, and maybe every yard in 2 sq miles.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

From personal experience-pepper balls contain a powder that will contaminate an area for quite some time. Once you think OC is all gone it will sneak back up on ya and the next thing you know you are crying like a little girl, with snot running out of your nose. I would be carefull using it around the house, kids and pets-any area that will be used in the next few days after hosing the deer down. I think it would be effective though, even with rear end shots that would make them lick at the powder on them.

Originally Posted By: JMAudioOriginally Posted By: Mark2 Or a life size poster of Nancy Pelosi would work:)

mark2

Pelosi !!!

The Pelosi poster would probably get rid of the deer, but you'd just draw a bunch of squatters looking for hand-outs and camping in your yard.
I like the slingshot idea, quiet and would sting 'em pretty good. I used to be pretty good with a couple wrist-brace models shooting steel ammo.

Daisy 880 BB gun with 2 pumps using regular lead pellets. Lead pellets do not ricochet or penetrate nearly as easily as steel BBs and do not break glass/windows at a distance. Fifty or 60 bucks at Walmart for the non scoped model.

Put in more than 2 pumps and it starts penetrating. Ten pumps will work for hunting squirrels or rabbits.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 I think paintball gun would be good. Polka doted deer would be funny.

Shayne

Yeah,...if you start hearing stories of multi-colored deer up in the Colorado mountains, you'll know what I've been up to.

Last edited:
Scent-based deterents are expensive because they wash off in the rain, so have to re-applied.

The only effective means is specially-designed fences (expensive and ugly), or a dog with an electronic "fence". The dog has to be outside 24/7/365. Deer learn your dog's schedule and boundaries. It's pretty funny to watch your dog and a deer calmly walking along parallel to each other on opposite sides of your electronic fence. Our old lab used to do that. We had 5 acres inside the underground wire. Only time we'd see deer by the house was when our dog was inside with us.

Originally Posted By: snowcamomanTune down the poundage on your bow and get some blunts. You'd be getting good archery practice in at the same time you're saving the yard from the demo deer. Tell the neighbors what you're doing so nobody looks out their window thinking you're killing deer.

Wrong answer.. There is a thing called blunt force trauma.. It can be leathal.. Why give bow hunters a bad name?

Besides which it is illegal in most places to discharge a bow in town.

set a bunch of mouse traps with an peanut butter on them and set them next to the trees ;)i use them for training my dogs to stay out of the garbage, on the couch,ect.. works great

Back