I like it LOW

A lot of folks really like the 60 VMAX or 60 NBT out of the AR, and it seems to work good. My CZ has the 12 twist though, so that won't work for me. It really likes that cheap 50 Dogtown at about 3150 fps, and that load has been putting the hurt on them. But I tried some 40 V-Max I had on the shelf and it is putting them into really nice little groups at about 3500 fps. I am thinking that might be some potent medicine as long as they don't splash. I am going to have to do some live testing.

All I run are the armalite mounts. They just plain work and don't break the bank. But if I had the scratch I'd buy LaRue.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXA lot of folks really like the 60 VMAX or 60 NBT out of the AR, and it seems to work good. My CZ has the 12 twist though, so that won't work for me. It really likes that cheap 50 Dogtown at about 3150 fps, and that load has been putting the hurt on them. But I tried some 40 V-Max I had on the shelf and it is putting them into really nice little groups at about 3500 fps. I am thinking that might be some potent medicine as long as they don't splash. I am going to have to do some live testing.

The 40 grn V-Max I have been using splashes... But I think it is pretty much common for all V-Maxs...

Originally Posted By: FlybumAs ugly as they are I've started thinking a vx-3 L and taking a dremel to a few of the picatinny bumps just to get it a few mm lower would be nice.

I am getting the vx-3 L for my bolt action. I don't care if it is ugly, I am also getting an XLR chassis for it... The smith has that rifle now threading the barrel.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI have Armalite mounts on two of my ARs. The Dtech I hunt with the most has not had the scope adjusted in about 3 or 4 years.

It has been hauled around, killed hogs, coyote, deer and I don't know what all. Always stays on the money.

Originally Posted By: crapshootAll I run are the armalite mounts. They just plain work and don't break the bank. But if I had the scratch I'd buy LaRue.

These are reassuring replies...

Yellowhammer,

You are the one who suggested I try the Black Hills 60 grn. V-Max... I am liking it so far...

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: JTPinTXA lot of folks really like the 60 VMAX or 60 NBT out of the AR, and it seems to work good. My CZ has the 12 twist though, so that won't work for me. It really likes that cheap 50 Dogtown at about 3150 fps, and that load has been putting the hurt on them. But I tried some 40 V-Max I had on the shelf and it is putting them into really nice little groups at about 3500 fps. I am thinking that might be some potent medicine as long as they don't splash. I am going to have to do some live testing.

The 40 grn V-Max I have been using splashes... But I think it is pretty much common for all V-Maxs...

Yeah, I am worried it will splash, it has been leaving smoky bullet holes on the target. Really I don't know why I am messing with my load anyways, that 50 dogtown has been really knocking them flat.

Back