I know, Curiosity killed the Cat, but what's with the colored tape on rifle barrels.

Originally Posted By: GCMust be blue to be effective...
smile.gif

I am still surprised I could do anything using green tape and, of all things, using a Leupold optic!!

I am on my way to the hardware store shortly to get the proper bile tape on hand for this weekend’s ML hunt. Calling for up to 12”.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: GCMust be blue to be effective...
smile.gif

I am still surprised I could do anything using green tape and, of all things, using a Leupold optic!!

I am on my way to the hardware store shortly to get the proper bile tape on hand for this weekend’s ML hunt. Calling for up to 12”.

What color shoes you be wearin', Shane?
cool.gif

Regards,
hm

Yup. That's an easy one, Tim. Spent 25 years in the hydraulic business.
tt2.gif
Coordinated colored tape, now, that's a whole nuther thing.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Right hand so as to not interfere with the rifling's twist direction!

NoNoNoNo.......Don't forget to take which hemisphere you are in and the Coriolis effect into account.
"This phenomenon is due to earth’s rotation, and changes according to the hemisphere you are in. In the northern one the bullet will always drift to the right, in the southern hemisphere the bullet will be deflected to the left."

cool.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: pahntr760Right hand so as to not interfere with the rifling's twist direction!

NoNoNoNo.......Don't forget to take which hemisphere you are in and the Coriolis effect into account.
"This phenomenon is due to earth’s rotation, and changes according to the hemisphere you are in. In the northern one the bullet will always drift to the right, in the southern hemisphere the bullet will be deflected to the left."

cool.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Well, I ain't an Aussie ,or something like that, so I don't need to worry! I stick by my right hand twist for tape.
lol.gif

Only about 15% of the population are lefty. So all us right people wrap right. All the weird ones wrap left. Some common sense should be applied along with the tape. C'mon guys...

Originally Posted By: GCOnly about 15% of the population are lefty. So all us right people wrap right. All the weird ones wrap left. Some common sense should be applied along with the tape. C'mon guys...

Oh man... I think I even paid more to be weird...

Originally Posted By: GCThey often do. How much more does Ingram charge for a lefty knife?
smile.gif

I don't know but I bet quite a bit... that's a lot of extra work...

Originally Posted By: CinchBut..but...but... what if you have a left twist barrel... I'm so confused...

So long as you're consistent with the barrel's twist direction, I think you're good to go!

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: CinchBut..but...but... what if you have a left twist barrel... I'm so confused...

So long as you're consistent with the barrel's twist direction, I think you're good to go!

Gotta be careful... you don't want the barrel to unthread itself...

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeSome good fun !
lol.gif

thumbup.gif

Yes! Reminds me of the old PM. I miss that era here.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeSome good fun !
lol.gif

thumbup.gif

Yes! Reminds me of the old PM. I miss that era here.

^^^^^^+1

Originally Posted By: GCOnly about 15% of the population are lefty. So all us right people wrap right. All the weird ones wrap left. Some common sense should be applied along with the tape. C'mon guys..

I do have one question, Gary. Which way is the rifle pointed when you wrap right (or left for that matter)?
grin.gif
Inquiring minds want to know.

Regards,
Clarence

Back