HS802...Not impressed.

Ultrafire 900 light 7.28 inches x1.97 x1.97----(1) 18650 battery
Unique fire 9.06 inches x2.17 x2.17-----(2) 18650 batteries

As you can see almost the same size light but more throw and more light for the money. You can't hit what you can't see.

Last edited:
Look at the mount on my rifle below. It is a very stable mount and easy to put on and take off. LIght will clear the front scope bell easy.

Last edited:
IMG_0667.jpg

The Chinese manufacturers often inflate their lumens claim. In the case of the UF-900 light, it is possible to get 900 lumens by using five (5) Cree XR-E Q5 bin LEDs installed in the flashlight. But this light has poor throw because of compromises made to the reflector to fit the 5 LEDs. It splashes a flood of 900 lumens everywhere. A single Cree XR-E Q5 bin LED installed in the UF-900 flashlight body with a smooth reflector, will only have about 200 lumens but throws very well.
E-bay has lots of UF-900 lights for sale that have the 5 LEDs installed in them.
The SST-50 style of LED is capable of more lumens (and higher battery drain) than the XR-E style. But the SST-50 doesn't throw as well as the XR-E (because the SST-50 LED die size is large compared to the XR-E - smaller is better for throw). The UF-1500 flashlight link states that the light produces 1250 lumens with an LED current flow of 3000 mA. Looking at the Luminus LED manufacturer's specs, the best SST-50 quality bin can only produce 850 lumens at 3000 mA. The SST-50 LED is made by Luminus (not Cree, as the advertisement claimed).
The HS-802 light uses the XR-E LED, R2 bin. The R2 quality bin is slightly better in performance than the XR-E Q5 bin (when the LED is driven to the same current flow).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PacecarThe Chinese manufacturers often inflate their lumens claim. In the case of the UF-900 light, it is possible to get 900 lumens by using five (5) Cree XR-E Q5 bin LEDs installed in the flashlight. But this light has poor throw because of compromises made to the reflector to fit the 5 LEDs. It splashes a flood of 900 lumens everywhere. A single Cree XR-E Q5 bin LED installed in the UF-900 flashlight body with a smooth reflector, will only have about 200 lumens but throws very well.
E-bay has lots of UF-900 lights for sale that have the 5 LEDs installed in them.
The SST-50 style of LED is capable of more lumens (and higher battery drain) than the XR-E style. But the SST-50 doesn't throw as well as the XR-E.
The HS-802 light uses the XR-E LED, R2 bin. The R2 quality bin is slightly better in performance than the XR-E Q5 bin.

Pacecar......I knew you'd jump aboard. I understand the lights but can't explain like you, nice job.

Originally Posted By: smsnyderhttp://www.dealextreme.com/p/uniquefire-...t-2-18650-31869

Most powerful one i found so far. Takes 2 18650 batteries. STILL mountable to your scope or barrel.

I would stay away from OP reflectors. For the most part you're just going to get longer run times with 2 18650's. Like PMack said ignore the lumens. Can't justify the added size and weight. It's all in the reflector. This would be as bright and a better thrower for 25 bucks but I'll stick with 1 18650 or 2 cr123's.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-s...t-2-18650-36031

One of my brightest lights with the most useful beam for hunting is rated at 230 lumens and it's brighter than ones rated 750 and 900. I've recommended it but doubt anyone else has bought it because it doesn't look like much. It's the real deal. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/skyray-1jc8...k-1-18650-44487

I can justify extra weight (only ounces) and a light a little longer light if it will get me 100 yards more throw compared to the killlight which is limited. Look at hog sniper .com. They show you the effective distance of there lights.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: smsnyderpmack what led do you prefer?

What Takem and Pacecar said. XR-E R2 Check out that candlepower forum link in my other post. I learned a lot there, so when Pacecar posts I'm able to follow him.

I wonder if its possible to get a bulb fashlight to throw futhere than an LED flashlight? Got to do some research on this?

Originally Posted By: smsnyderI can justify extra weight (only ounces) and a light a little longer light if it will get me 100 yards more throw compared to the killlight which is limited. Look at hog sniper .com. They show you the effective distance of there lights.

definitely for 100 yards. Although I'm identifying out to around 200 now with an amber filter and a light putting out 250-300 lumens. Can't remember the exact number. It's a lot brighter with cr123's. If you can find a light that will handle the higher voltage that will help.

Takem, I have the G4 and 802, will they handle cr123's?

Which light are you running the cr123's in that ID's at 200?

Back