How would you feel if someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have let them go by andjust listen to the race. The dogs and the guys training the dogs put the money and time into it they should get the reward, even if they shoot and let leave. We coon hunt and not run hours but if someone came and shot while the dogs we trained were treed, you bet there would be something said. Your taking away the whole reason you have dogs, you trained the dogs,and the reason you take the dogs out! Too get the chance for the shot and kill.. That's how I feel.

Originally Posted By: shawn@moHe should have let them go by andjust listen to the race.
X2
Never had it happen to our group while running coyote but I did have it happen once with my beagles. Hounds were running a hare when another hunter shot it. I was not a happy camper.

It is unethical to take or attempt to take Game being pursued by hounds that are not part of your party. Period... I don't run coyote but I do run bear and raccoon. I have encounters with other hunters hounds on occasion where they get on the same race or tree. I treat them as if they were mine and if possible, wait for the other party to show up before shooting the game.
If he knew it is being pursued by another party and he shot it anyways I suspect he is either a trigger happy rookie or he may be hunting for all the wrong reasons, "just to kill stuff". Maybe he just don't like hound hunting because he feels it interferes with his hunt. Either way, where I'm from you don't mess with a man's dogs or catch them off game. A fellow could get himself in deep water in a hurry.

I enjoy seeing my dogs work like they are supposed too. If someone else kills the (rabbit, deer, hog, coyote, squirrel) then I'm ok. If it's a kid I think it's flat out awesome. I know the credit goes to my dogs, and they are good enough to find me another one. They found 148 hogs in 2014, and one so far in 2015.
Just chasing it doesn't make it mine, and someone else killing it doesn't mean I lose.

Boys flame away.
I feel that running game with dogs is not hunting.
And what I have done in the past with trespassing dogs is shoot them.
Game dont belong to you until you leagly harvest the intended game.

Wow come to the dog forum and stir the pot! Never had a hound just bird dogs. I wouldn't want to be the one who shot one of my dogs.

Originally Posted By: Onebad06vtxBoys flame away.
And what I have done in the past with trespassing dogs is shoot them.
Game dont belong to you until you leagly harvest the intended game.

The dogs are going to know the chase is trespassing, and you are going to shoot one of the dogs? You are flamed.

Some people just don't consider what their actions are doing to those around them.

I have people i work with that hunt Elk in AZ. There are more than one that has said that they shot an Elk, it ran off, and when they were trailing it, they found it, but someone else was already tagged and working on it.

Sounds a little close quarters to me, but selfish and self serving all the same. Hunters are no better than the neighborhoods they come from.

I have been on stand calling coyotes, and have had running dogs come through. I shot a coyote under those conditions, but figured it was mine since I was already set-up and calling.

I love dogs, and prefer to just watch them. I have been on a few ranches where the rancher would tell us to shoot any dogs we see out there.

Originally Posted By: Onebad06vtx

And I feel that you're an idiot.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Onebad06vtx

And I feel that you're an idiot.

X2....

Well Repete and Dunkin
I feel the only way you can kill something is to have another animal wear it down and chase it in circles back to you for the kill.
Seems lazy and no woodsman ship to me.
No way is it fare chase.
Hope your dogs dont come on my property.

Originally Posted By: Onebad06vtxWell Repete and Dunkin
I feel the only way you can kill something is to have another animal wear it down and chase it in circles back to you for the kill.
No way is it fare chase.
Oh boy.
ohmy.gif

Voicing an opinion on here like that is not going to go over very well. Actually downright ignorant.

Originally Posted By: Onebad06vtxWell Repete and Dunkin
No way is it fare chase.

If you don't like hounds and running game with dogs, why bother to visit this forum?

Onebad06vtx,

Obviously your goal in the hound forum is to stir the pot. Your comments are ludicrous and inflammatory and have no place in a forum dedicated to hunting with dogs. I feel sorry for someone with this kind of attitude and you have my pity!

I'm going to lock down this thread as it has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back