How would you build a .338 Lapua?

Quote:

Quote:
I think Id look into the 338 edge

Whats the difference between a .338 Edge and a .338 RUM?

Thanks

338 RUM is a 338 RUM (same case just shorter) .338 edge is a 300 RUM niced up to .338 cal.

(I learned that from PM LOL)

GJ

300 ultra mag is longer than the 338 ultra mag. The advantage the edge has over the lapua is it doesnt use brass that are $3.00 a piece. Uses 90 cent ultra mag brass. I am waiting on a reamer and will be building an egde off the $650 (not $1000) dollar stiller predator action which is still cheaper than a trued remington 700.

Quote:
300 ultra mag is longer than the 338 ultra mag. The advantage the edge has over the lapua is it doesnt use brass that are $3.00 a piece. Uses 90 cent ultra mag brass. I am waiting on a reamer and will be building an egde off the $650 (not $1000) dollar stiller predator action which is still cheaper than a trued remington 700.

well if you check stillers site the price listed for a predatorX action is 950.00 without a trigger.
Lapua brass now go for about 2 bucks per, and if you have ever used them you would find out they are worth every cent, rem brass is not even close, not consistant at all and can't hold up to the same pressures that lapua can, and you do NO prepwork on lapua, they are annealed before packaging, the flasholes are drilled, so no deburring, and they'll keep the pockets much longer.

Tom Sarver used 338 lapua brass when he broke tha all time 1K bench rest record, the 5 brass that he shot a 5X/50 1.463" group at 1000 yards were on they're 58th firing.
If your going long range, you need the best accuracy you can get, so how many of those guys at thunder valley use Rem. brass?
RR

If I were gonna drop a nut to build a .338, I sure wouldn't skimp out on the brass that feeds it...

I'd go with a Surgeon XL repeater for the foundation...

I didnt say I was building a lapua I said I was building a 338 edge which will function just fine from the standard magnum bolt face Predator action. Ive used these actions many times and know what they cost.

Back