How much snow????

One foot and up of crusty, old snow. Getting impossible to get off the main roads now. Going to start raining here after about three weeks of below zero weather. Making it hard on coyote junkies...

Originally Posted By: bkln
163823_1830842854415_1340675540_32091045_4327056_n.jpg

Wow, that's some serious snow right there.

Only about 7" now but a few more inches are expected through today/overnight.So far this year it's been ideal for checking whats what track wise for all critters only getting an inch or less from day to day.

I never heard for certain, but I believe we got around 5" here.
One thing I do know, is that for Kansas, it's downright cold! Woke up to a temp of -3 this morning (wind chill -19).
Now I realize that's a "warm front for some of you northern folks, but....BBBBRRRRRRRRRR!

According to the Weather Service, 37 inches for the season as of the first of the year. We have had a couple more snowfalls so probably 40" on the ground at the moment.

For us in the Fargo, ND area we have a total accumulation of 51 inches. we are on a pace to tie 97 with I think it was 104 total

Too much, Spring is going to be a nightmare!

Dave

We had 24 1/2 inches in December. Last December we had 10 inches. I think we are up to 36 inches by last report.

I would say to much when a coyote doesn't want to come a quarter mile for a nice juicy Jackrabbit!

Did two stands

Hiked bout a mile in and another half mile to other stand and then back.

Snow knee deep and a total PITA to move in.

I'm beat and no doggies

I'm not sure of our winter total(20-24"), a lot melted a week or more ago. We just got 6-8", time for more spot-stalking, if they move tonight!!!!!

It is higher than my back side and stinks for getting around, Kal52, the record in Fargo-Moorhead is 117" in 97. I am dreding the spring flooding that will come here in the Red River Valley.

Originally Posted By: RiflemannIt is higher than my back side and stinks for getting around, Kal52, the record in Fargo-Moorhead is 117" in 97. I am dreding the spring flooding that will come here in the Red River Valley.
Ditto!!! this is starting to SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEll I thought i was lucky and we only had knee deep snow but it turns out i was walking where a snowmobile had packed down the snow... i stepped off this trail and sunk to my belly button almost... lets just say i didnt leave the trail again

Back