how much luck do you have howling to locate

IMO Brad is right on the money.
Less coyote densities mean less competition. They cover huge expanses, take easy food sources, and move on.
Oh, I haven't heard a coyote vocalization all season. (Except for the ones coming from my call) So I haven't had to worry about when to hunt the coyotes I hear.

Originally Posted By: BradB41Originally Posted By: nmleonQuote:Coyotes here don't return to the same places on a daily basis, every 4-5 days is more realistic.

I never realized that eastern coyotes had such enormous territories. Their food supply must be really sparse there.

Actually I think there is plenty of food here with all the farm land, fence rows, Autum Olives, thickets, etc. I have wondered if they don't just travel more because population densities are lower in the east and coyotes simply have larger territories in this part of the country. I have heard that they like to check and mark their territory very frequently. This could be one explanation.

BradB I think you hit it right on the head. I think they roam because they can. They know that if they go 2 mile down the road they are not gonna run into that area's big bad bully

Back