How much is this gun worth?

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerYeah it's not real great but it is what it is. I've lost a lot more in my day,plus it's for something I really want. Someone else might as well enjoy it. It's just collecting dust at my house.

I got another guy that's thinking about maybe paying $600. He wants to take it with him in bear country. I'm gonna feel bad if he runs into one and shoots it with that thing and gets eatin.
Hey Rattler, not real sure what kind of "bear country" that fella is gonna be in, but most 45 bear guns we carry here have a"-70" behind the 45. He'd be better off with spray or a pump gun with slugs and 000 buck.
He goes to packing a 45 acp here and he best have his affairs in order, cause he'll be in the shape of bear poop and smell like it too.
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: FairChase93I traded the exact same pistol off a year or two back and got 500 trade value but from a guy I do a lot of business with. Cabelas offered 275 for it.

Cabelas is one of the worse places to sell a gun to. Most places will offer at least 69-65% of new for a good condition used firearm. Cabelas is usually under that.

My old man taught me a valuable lesson decades ago. You make money when you buy, not sell. Meaning if you don't buy right you're not going to make money in the sale.

Originally Posted By: CZ527I still think you should sell a few and build a real custom. There’s just nothing like it...

That rumor seems to be going around!

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: CZ527I still think you should sell a few and build a real custom. There’s just nothing like it... You might be on to something there. My brother is wanting to build a 6x47Lapua or 6mm Creedmoor. He saw one coyote hang up way out there so now he thinks he needs to be able to hit one that far away. I'll probably have to get me one after I see what the caliber he chooses will do.

Originally Posted By: WyYoteKillerOriginally Posted By: OKRattlerYeah it's not real great but it is what it is. I've lost a lot more in my day,plus it's for something I really want. Someone else might as well enjoy it. It's just collecting dust at my house.

I got another guy that's thinking about maybe paying $600. He wants to take it with him in bear country. I'm gonna feel bad if he runs into one and shoots it with that thing and gets eatin.
Hey Rattler, not real sure what kind of "bear country" that fella is gonna be in, but most 45 bear guns we carry here have a"-70" behind the 45. He'd be better off with spray or a pump gun with slugs and 000 buck.
He goes to packing a 45 acp here and he best have his affairs in order, cause he'll be in the shape of bear poop and smell like it too.
w00t.gif
He didn't say he just said he wanted it to carry while he's elk huntin. He better hope a lost bear cub is all that charges him if he's in grizzly bear country.lol

Back