How much does your wife/girl friend know about your guns.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: DAAI just hope after I die my Wife doesn't sell mine for what I told her they cost.

- DAA

No worries there, Dave! Your wife and I already agreed on a price and I think that we are both getting a good deal.

Take care of the Jeep of yours as that is part of the package.

thumbup.gif

Gonna be a civil war over the Jeep. Daughter and Wife both talk about it like I'm already gone
laugh.gif

- DAA

I actually notified my wife last week that I was buying a pistol. When she asked me what it cost, I told her. She couldn't believe I'd pay that much for a S&W. If she only knew what the others cost? She gets in the safe every now and then but has no idea what is in there.

My wife shoots and hunts with me. She is an excellent shot and I am glad to have her do these things with me.

She has her own guns and pretty well knows what we have in the house. She loves my #1's and 1885's. However, she really does not get into all the errata that we do with our guns. I know she knows some of the values but not all of them. So, I have made arrangements for their "sale/disposal" at such time as is necessary. I really think this is the right thing to do. She and I have talked about and she is good with it.

I maintain an inventory with SN, caliber or gauge and a detailed description of each gun. Should be easy going as some of them will be gifted while others will be sold.

Just some "estate planning"

The wife and kids are in this addiction with me, which makes it hard since we only have one gun to share around.
grin.gif
It's easy to keep track of though...

Learned long ago it's easier and somehow goes over better to ask
for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

The emergency access window in the basement allows for some
clandestine use!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: reddog964Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI'm not really a gun guy....

DANG... You got married!

Watch it there buddy ! Told the GF don't even think about it,I'm still making payments on the last one.
cry.gif

My wife is decently knowledgable, in general, about firearms. She owns about 1/4 of the contents of the safe. And, she is rather good at utilizing her collection.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: reddog964Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI'm not really a gun guy....

DANG... You got married!

Watch it there buddy ! Told the GF don't even think about it,I'm still making payments on the last one.
cry.gif

LMAO... I knew better but wanted to make sure you didn't lose your mind
wink.gif

That would be the end of our trips ... Yikes

You just need to make sure you have LOTS of guns. That way when another one or two shows up, the wives/girlfriends won't notice. Now if you only have one gun and then suddenly there's two - that they'll notice. FYI my wife is aware of this plan but uses it for shoes, crafting supplies, etc.

My three gun safes are taking up too much room,have to move them to another area of the house.

She knows I have a 22-250 from watching coyote videos.

My wife is not much of a gun person, but supports my hobby. I have taught her some differences between rifle, shotgun, revolver, etc. So she knows I have several different types and on a good day she can name them by type, but she's not going to tell the difference between an ar10 308, and an ar15 in 22 caliber.

Operating them is still very foreign to her too, although I have gotten her to shoot my 22LR, ak-47, and 9mm pistol.

My wife knows about all of them and.has shot the majority. If she is ever in doubt of what to buy as a gift, I get a gun or boots. She has asked me a couple of times if I am really going to use another 270, 7mag, or 300weatherby. Everyone needs at least three of each.

She knew going in that I have a terrible harley and gun habit. She is into both with me. She has always been welcome on any trip that I take. She never complains about any of it.

My wife is pro gun, and has shot with me, even had a LTC for 5 years, but never carried. She just never got into shooting or hunting, but loves wild game. She is an NRA life member, and feels safer with me armed. Fifteen years ago when we got married she gave me a Mauser broom handle. I guess I have it pretty good.

I got a good one! My wife doesn't mind me buying guns, and she enjoys shooting. She has a decent idea about what I have, but I do enough swapping she probably doesn't know the exact number.

My wife knows that when I say, "Hey babe! Check out my new rifle!" I've probably been in the shop and swapped barrels out on something. She knows what her guns look like and that her ammunition is always ready for her when she's ready to shoot.

Back