How is the Cost of Gas effecting your Hunting&Fishing ??

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: Noveske CrusaderCheck out the VW AMAROK DIESEL 4X4 TRUCK.......it gets around 40mpg.!!!.....Toyota Hylux too....!!.
Toyota refuses to import to North America because it will kill their Prius.

Imagine how much fishing/hunting you could get done with a 4x4 that gets 40M.P.G.!!!!

Gas companies DO NOT want these vehicles here!!!

We use a lot of the little Toyota diesel truck in the "sandbox" I really wish they would come over here!!

No the real issue is all the government red tape they have to go through to get here... Toyota, VW, even Jeep have some really awesome diesel motors that they cant sell here... It is all due to government regs. Simply put we require so much crap be put on for emissions that they effiecency decreases and the ability to get useuable power decreases. Anyone ever notice how the geo metro was a 40-50 mpg car back nearly 15 years ago? Why is it that we get excieted about 30mpg car today?

Sorry little rant over, if I could get my hands on a jeep, vw motor for my crawlers I would. My only other option is a cummins 4bt motor. they are great and get like mid 30s mpg in rock crawlers... Only down fall is people want like $6000 for the motors...

Short answer, it keeps me at home more times than not. Luckily I can shoot right out my back door and make the occasional walkin hunt.

CB

This year for the first time my groundhog and spring gobbler hunting vehicle will be my 2 door Lumina that gets about 32mpg. The Jeep Wrangler and my Toyota pickup will be left sitting at home. Turkeys will get cleaned in the field and come home in a zip bag, groundhogs stay in the field after I shoot them, and neither requires an ATV or treestand. I may even try deer hunting out of it some this year and just throw a tarp in the trunk. Regardless of gas prices, I will still hunt. I may eat Ramen every day and cancel my home phone service to afford it, but I will hunt
wink.gif

is gas really getting that bad? Im deployed so I dont know what prices are running. but from the sounds of it im going to have to sell my truck when I get back. it only get about 15mpg highway. with a tail wind lol

Fueled up the old 94 f 150 yesterday to the tune of $91.00, kinda chapped the hinney a little, ok alot, but a ya gotta do it or stay home. I aint gonna stay home.

yeah a few summer back it was running me around $100 to fill up the my 05 silverado. then again I guess thats what I get for driving something that sits on 35"x14.5" tires lol

Yep in Central Indiana Monday Gas went up to $4.20 a gal.
Today its down to $4.10 They say that its because the refinery's are changing to summer blend which cost more.The news said that if the price of gas was based on supply and demand then a gal. of gas would be under $3.00.
confused.gif
What I don't understand is we import more oil every year then refine it and 70% of it gets sold to China and Japan.
cursing.gif
Why isn't China/Japan refining their own ????

Last edited:
Wallbass. where about in greenwood are ya. I grew up and graduated form Centergrove.

and man dont get me wrong im looking foward to getting home from this deployment. but deffenitly not looking foward to having to pay for gas.

If gas was a dollar cheaper a gallon I'd be fishing a lot more this time of year!

My apologies to the hook, line, pole, reel and bait manufactures for not buying more of your products.

Since I'm not driving as much, I won't be needing tires, oil/filter changes or any other vehicle maintenance products near as often.

Guess I'm saving money in the long run. Yeah, right.

Originally Posted By: HardwickNWallbass. where about in greenwood are ya. I grew up and graduated form Centergrove.

and man dont get me wrong im looking foward to getting home from this deployment. but deffenitly not looking foward to having to pay for gas. Im a Mile from the mall. When do you get Home ???

Back