How do like my new predator decoy?

Dultimatpredator

I just about died laughing when I found this thing the other day at the thrift store shopping for pewter that I pick up for casting bullets. It was sitting on the shelf for a dollar so I had to grab it. It moves its head up and down, makes quacking noises, and flaps its wings. I think they called them “Furreals”. Anyways, I grabbed the black magic marker and gave it three minutes of lob to make it look like a baby mallard. When I turn it on, every couple of seconds, it flaps its wings and moves it’s head and beak up and down and make some quacking noises. Apparently, there are two ways to turn it on if you turn it on a certain way it only responds to touch only because apparently it came with a baby bottle.Lol. If you turn the switch the opposite way, it moves and quacks every few seconds which is the way I would use it along with my foxpro caller.

after a couple minutes with a magic marker…

I had to figure out how to video mine…lol…

I’m sure that’ll look a little different than everybody’s whirling and mojo woodpeckers!!!

Last edited:
Hey .... what ever it takes to get the job done. Some of the most innovative items in history were discovered by experimentation. Put the little feller out there and see what happens. ;)

Thinking outside the box! Give it a try, you never know.
Might want to tie it down to a bush or something, I've had my toppers stolen by different owls three times in a row one morning, and on 2 other occasions had one stolen by a small falcon, and another by a javelina.
Hungry Owls vs Decoy Topper

ETA: LOL, Mike, you type faster than I do. :ROFLMAO:

Wish I could conquer the task of posting pictures.
Computer, simply find picture in your "My Pictures" file, right click on photo, choose <copy> in drop down menu and paste in your PM message.

OR if picture in cell phone: Open message window on PM, click the <picture symbol> @ top center of window, tap <drop image> and select picture(s) you wish to post. They will be moved to your message. You will then choose <post image> for attachment or <full size> if you want the full size picture in your message.
That's all there is to it. :) Now, lets see your pics.:LOL:

I’ve gutted stuffed animals and stick them on my quivering rabbit and little critter over the years along with a notion decoy I forgot the name of back in the 90’s. I’ve had them taken by coyotes and hawks.lol. I’ll have to tie it down. I’ve had a whirling woodpecker destroyed by a red tailed hawk.

I’ve gutted stuffed animals and stick them on my quivering rabbit and little critter over the years along with a notion decoy I forgot the name of back in the 90’s. I’ve had them taken by coyotes and hawks.lol. I’ll have to tie it down. I’ve had a whirling woodpecker destroyed by a red tailed hawk.

1708897822249.jpeg
Better keep an eye out for Mama Mallard as well as raptors, she might mistake this for a stray youngster and kidnap your decoy. :ROFLMAO:

Going for my 2nd attempt to post picture of my decoy. Found this (Tony Tiger) at Goodwill store some years ago, removed some of the stuffing and put him over the carry handle of my Lucky Duck Revolt. After seeing comments here about possibility of something kidnapping him I strapped him to the call. I have used him 3 times, successful every time!
IMG_20240412_201249515 (1).jpg

Back