How are your numbers?

tt35, My Boy out shoots & out flyfishes me pretty Reg these days. He's been cleaning up after my misses since he was about 15 he's 19 now. Been taking him since he was born........

Numbers here are up slightly the way it looks. That's not saying a lot though as the last two years the numbers were dismally low. The critters I've seen so far have been mangy to good about 50/50

Quote:
Quote:
Numbers are really good here in the NC part of Kansas!

Ya think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Tim,
Any thoughts on why that is? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
I have my own thoughts, but I'm always interested in other people's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Other parts of the state don't seem to be recovering quite as well from the mange of recent years.

Will,
I have had this goofy theory since last year. As you know we have been really wet in our part of the state for the last several years. With all of the grass and cover comes rabbits, mice and rats, as well as tremendous nesting habitat for pheasants and turkeys. I am thinking this is Mother Nature's way of dealing with that!

I could be all wrong, though!
Tim

Quote:
tt35, My Boy out shoots & out flyfishes me pretty Reg these days. He's been cleaning up after my misses since he was about 15 he's 19 now. Been taking him since he was born........

Good for you, JC. My boy and I started calling coyotes together about four years ago. He's been shooting 'em pretty darn consistently with his AR and now he's packing his .243 AI. He doesn't even care if we get 'em in or not. If he can see 'em, he'll dial in his clicks and take the long shots. I don't even know if I'll get a chance to shoot one anymore with him along! Darn good caller too and making some fine calls also. Pretty gratifying for a dad.

But I digress. Any other reports? tt

Tim, you read my book didn't you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif That's exactly what I've been thinking all Fall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back