How Are The Shock Waves Holding Up?

one thing i just remembered and a good tip for the Shockwave or any FoxPro u add a Jack decoy to is the Jack decoys dont have the rubber bumper pad on them lik ethe standard battery cover has for noise reduction........so i added a folded up papertowel between the Jack cover and the batteries to keep it from making a rattle noise.......good luck.

I don't turn my remote on till I am all set up and ready when I am done calling I shut my remote off.Its something you have to get used to.Mine is sensitive as stated above but when it goes off by accident it's my fault that I didn't shut the remote before getting up.

I'm still trying to transition from my simple little scorpion to the shockwave. I'm not all the way there yet! I don't like the stupid little rubber covers for the jacks or how they pivot down in stead of up, I don't like how floppy the speakers are when you unhinge them and I don't like location of the on/off knob on the caller or how stiff it is. When it gets cold out and you have been sitting for 45min it's a real challenge to grab that knob and turn the caller off. I can't do it with gloves on...it's that stiff of a turn! They need a decent charger that will charge the batteries while they are in the caller AND has a indicating LED when the charge is complete!
Other things that I liked better on the scorpion are just things that I have to get used to... I really miss being able to turn the caller on and off with the remote. The FoxBang seems really sensitive to me also. I have had several misfires with that and am trying to get into the habit of turning the remote on last and off first!
I haven't used it enough to say how it's holding up but I have had a small strip of the molded plastic speaker housing pull out right at the joint. Which reminds me I need to take a picture of it and see what FoxPro says.

I just need more time out in the field with it which has been hard to come by this year. All minor things but on same token they would have all been minor issues to fix while designing. Overall though it's still an awesome and impressive caller!!

Originally Posted By: REID2168one thing i just remembered and a good tip for the Shockwave or any FoxPro u add a Jack decoy to is the Jack decoys dont have the rubber bumper pad on them lik ethe standard battery cover has for noise reduction........so i added a folded up papertowel between the Jack cover and the batteries to keep it from making a rattle noise.......good luck.

I just pulled the rubber off of the regular door and put it on my FoxJack III door. It was just on with simple rubber cement or something that pulled off very easily. I didn't even add more adhessive, just stuck it on the inside of the FoxJack III door and away you go.

Originally Posted By: Clay34I just pulled the rubber off of the regular door and put it on my FoxJack III door. It was just on with simple rubber cement or something that pulled off very easily. I didn't even add more adhessive, just stuck it on the inside of the FoxJack III door and away you go.

good deal......ill ck into that on mine.

I had picked one up and used it for one day with some success. Second day, prob 3-4 stands in it went all scratchy and distorting. Needless to say it was returned real quick. I then found a lightly used cs24b for about half the cost of the shockwave and its twice the caller. Sure the new remote is nicer than the tx505 but I sure didnt think it is worthy of the price tag.

Originally Posted By: misparkzI'm still trying to transition from my simple little scorpion to the shockwave. I'm not all the way there yet! I don't like the stupid little rubber covers for the jacks or how they pivot down in stead of up, I don't like how floppy the speakers are when you unhinge them and I don't like location of the on/off knob on the caller or how stiff it is. When it gets cold out and you have been sitting for 45min it's a real challenge to grab that knob and turn the caller off. I can't do it with gloves on...it's that stiff of a turn! They need a decent charger that will charge the batteries while they are in the caller AND has a indicating LED when the charge is complete!
Other things that I liked better on the scorpion are just things that I have to get used to... I really miss being able to turn the caller on and off with the remote. The FoxBang seems really sensitive to me also. I have had several misfires with that and am trying to get into the habit of turning the remote on last and off first!
I haven't used it enough to say how it's holding up but I have had a small strip of the molded plastic speaker housing pull out right at the joint. Which reminds me I need to take a picture of it and see what FoxPro says.

I just need more time out in the field with it which has been hard to come by this year. All minor things but on same token they would have all been minor issues to fix while designing. Overall though it's still an awesome and impressive caller!!

Thats alot of dislikes for a $600 unit then to call them just minir issues. Jmo

Last edited:
I made contact with FP and they are going to take a look at the FB sensor. Good folks and they have alway taken care of my equipment even when it was my own dang fault.

The charger and extra batteries cost a little, but ya can't really count the cost of extra sounds. That is a one time purchase. They can be stored and installed on future callers OR taken off the caller you already have and installed on a new one.

The $700 plus is just for the caller, battery pack and shipping. Several quality/design issues to fix before I'd jump into that (flimsy/poor port covers, FB erratic, flimsy hinges that should be hinged the opposite way, no camo in standard configuration, need special batteries to make it work well).

Originally Posted By: littledawgI made contact with FP and they are going to take a look at the FB sensor. Good folks and they have alway taken care of my equipment even when it was my own dang

Let us know how it works out. I just did my first sets with mine last night and had it on the .30 up setting. Had to shut it off. Buttons on my jacket would set it off.
But what a awesome call. I love it

Last edited:
Been using my SW since I got it last year or so. Not one issue with it except when I forget to charge the batteries before I go out. Been in -19 cold and worked good. The on/off knob on the base units really stinks as it could be fatter for gloved hands & turn easier in the cold. The knob freezes/slugs up when cold & hard to turn.
IMO the battery door could be better also, screw on instead of snap in at the top. Mine is a tad loose as the snap/clip does not rebound all they way in & I have to make sure I give it a solid push.
Remote has no issue to 229 yards so far.

Back