Hot vs Cold Nose

Devin, actually, I don't have that dog any more.
There's a lot of guys out there trying to come up with a better dog. I think we probably have some of the best dogs the hound community has ever seen. Overall, I think they are better then they have ever been. Can they get better, I don't know. I'm pretty happy with the hounds that are out there right now. My best hound ever was also the smartest dog I've ever owned. I'll take brains over a good nose or any other trait anyday. I'd like to find someone that has bred his smartest female with his smartest male. I've never seen anyone advertising this cross.

Devin, thats what i was kindof trying to say, never guaranteed, but hope for the best, and eventually you will get a litter with some of the pups that fit the bill. Like i said, i was tired and ouldnt figure out what i was trying to say. Lol.

Gonzaga, you are right, it takes lots of time in the field to pick this stuff up. I have been blessed with a family full of houndsmen to learn from. I cut my teeth on treeing walkers, and been learning since.

Devin, i heard you get them out for easter also!

Easter. lol I heard it said my dogs spend all their days on a chain. I am good with that.
Dean we need to get together sometime and hunt.I would love to spend some time in the feild with you. Maybe we could meet in the middle.:0)

Have you ever read the book snakesfoot the making of a ledgend.It is by BOB Wehle if you spell wehle backwards you get elhew.ELhew pointers are the best every in the bird bog arena they hold more natioal field records then any bread.This is exactly what he did he bread for trait for over 60 years.He did some culling. I had direct bloodline from his dogs that I breed and sold for years.I personal saw certain traits that were desireable bread for in my kennals and achieved. check out this book

Back