Hornady hot tub sonic cleaner nightmare

Burchsc

For those running or thinking about running a Hornady hot tub sonic cleaner beware
IMG_1061.jpeg
IMG_0795.jpeg
IMG_0791.jpeg
IMG_0790.jpeg

I called they were iffy on parts so I fixed it myself …replaced plastic parts with stainless/brass
View attachment 6535
thats pretty wild that they were iffy on parts.

i called to order - pay for like order - a part i lost while re-arranging my reloading room. they refused to take payment and sent me the replacement out no charge - even free shipping.

its wild they wouldnt offer to send you replacemetn parts with pics of the damaged stuff avilable.

i'm not saying you're lying - i'm just saying based on my experiences with hornady CS - thats *WAY* out of character for them, especially on only a few $ worth of plastic parts.

thats pretty wild that they were iffy on parts.

i called to order - pay for like order - a part i lost while re-arranging my reloading room. they refused to take payment and sent me the replacement out no charge - even free shipping.

its wild they wouldnt offer to send you replacemetn parts with pics of the damaged stuff avilable.

i'm not saying you're lying - i'm just saying based on my experiences with hornady CS - thats *WAY* out of character for them, especially on only a few $ worth of plastic parts.
I was surprised too maybe it was just the guy I talked to..the did offer to send me a prepaid return to send them the unit for repair

I got mine mainly for suppressors and smaller items. Don't ever plan on dropping a whole upper or anything of that size in it.

I got mine mainly for suppressors and smaller items. Don't ever plan on dropping a whole upper or anything of that size in it.
ya thats what i use my HazardFRaught special for too.

biggest use i get out of it is BCG's after a hard session of suppressed fire. really gets the hard baked on cruddies off easy.

although i happily drop pistol uppers in it lol

tbh if i had a hornady hot tub... i wouldnt think twice of dropping shorter uppers in there as a way to maintain the gas system internals.

I got a Midway 1290 case vibrator, must be over 20 yrs ago now. Burned out the little on/off switch some years ago but otherwise not a problem one with it. Keep thinking I'll replace that switch someday just never get around to it! getting the latest and greatest ain't always the best thing to do!

Back