Homemade decoys????

Here's an action shot

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i352/merdit1/photobucket-2062-1323988059858.mp4

Now to take it apart for pics.

photobucket-4315-1324004383322.jpg

photobucket-3676-1324004421056.jpg

photobucket-4051-1324004455636.jpg

As you can see, super simple gadget. Only part that cost anything was the little remote which I found on sale for $15. The rest is a small motor, 9volt battery, small rubber tubing, little bit of wiring, rubber bands, scrap cloth to cover it up, and feathers. Hang it just like a feather dancer or set it up on the ground.

The remote range is 40+ yards. I saw some advertising literature that claimed up to 100, but that has not been my experience.

Last edited:
Two turkey feathers, some mono fishing line,two swivels, a stick.

5 dollars and works great. I would never bother with paying for a decoy.

If you looking for your first dog I recomend trying to bag one with hand calls first. Once you bring in a few on handcalls and make a kill then move on to an E-Caller. A hand call will help you learn how to work them into position and get them to stop for the shot.

I highly recomend the Flextone caller. For 150 or less its got 100 sounds and works great.

Here are my results with the feather on a stick and a flextone E caller. Dog got within 10 feet of the call and decoy.

MojaveNationalPreserve022.jpg

i made up a feather on a stick and it scaried the crap out of the first 2 coyotes i called useing it.i use a white rag on my mojo it works great when i use it.rio7

Watch Dog, I can see it now. I like it.

Dan, the link works on my computer and my phone, but don't know if that means it will work for everybody.

I am sorry about the quality, but it makes about 90 rotations a minute, maybe a little fast, but I think it will keep the yotes attention. I have got just under $12.00 in it. Still need to paint the base of it, but that's the easy part, lol.

Back