Hey admins...

243=death

It'd be great if board members could send each other private messages. I don't have email, and can't get it on this computer. Give us the juice man...

Can't get email there. This is a company computer and outside emails are not permitted on our network. Private messages would be a lot easier anyway...

That fun-stuff costs money. (It slows down the board and takes up memory that we then have to pay for)

If youre really "jones'n" for the cool add ons, I suggest buying some PM Raffle Tickets (REAL SOON) so we can afford to add those features in the future ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sorry brother... I didn't know it costs money... I thought it was a packaged deal with the boards and stuff... I guess I'll get by... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yeah...

We have it, all it takes is to "turn it on", however unless we upgrade the Mem some more and get to a dedicated server ($$$$), they end up slowing the whole board down. Which is a bigger drag. We tested it all in the beginning with this new Rev of the BBS

I feel your pain, Id really like to have that stuff too. It stinks knowing its there and not being able to use it.

The solution: EVERYONE BUY RAFFLE TICKETS !!!! LOTS of Raffle Tickets... Have you seen the prizes yet ? :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

By the way 243, Welcome aboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Do you mean you have to pay for to use more memory on the server the board is currently on or you have to buy more physical memory to put into the machine? If it's more physical memory to put into the machine, let me know what type you need and I bet I'll have some lying around that I can send you. I work on computers as my full-time job and my side work, so I have extra of every time of memory except for DDR333 within arm's reach of me right now, I think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Also, is there a way to change your publicly displayed name? I got lots of flak for my "weird" name at the NW rendevous, but I can't find a way to change my displayed name and I can't register again with the same email address. No biggie if it can't be done, I'm sure I can figure out a way around it myself.

I meant Disk Space and Bandwidth. Not RAM, sorry.

Problem is if we changed your display name, wed have to make sure no one already had that as a log in, or would try to register that as a login in the future. Or else there might be TWO of you !

For 8 hours one day in the beginning of this new software, I changed my name to Bob/SoCal for a while, demonstrating the inherent problems.

Bagheera,

I changed my name and what I had to do was have Jason ElPaso delete my account and I had to re-register with a new identity.

Matt

Don't worry about changing my displayed name. I just re-registered and altered my email address a little (.org to .net, since both work) and it let me register fine. Now, I just need someone to approve the Jason McCurry account and I'll be done with this one.

Turning on the private messaging feature probably won't take enough extra bandwidth to notice, but it would take up some extra server space to store everyone's messages. That extra space taken up could be minimized with only allowing each user to store a certain number of messages (something small like 20 until current restrictions change) and limit the size a message can be.

Blue deacon... Thanks for the welcome man, these boards are great... Hopefully I'll get some yotes and foxes this year...the information put together by everyone is very informative I can't wait to try some tactics.

Originally posted by Robb/Scottsdale:
[qb]
For 8 hours one day in the beginning of this new software, I changed my name to Bob/SoCal for a while, demonstrating the inherent problems.[/qb]
I could have sworn that you wore the handle
NotBob/SoCal for about 8 hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I did both Loco... I figured the prior wasnt as noticeable. So I added the latter, later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif After illustrating my point I then quit it all together and we turned the feature off.

pmsobraffle.gif

If anyone has the time to spare and the admin right to approve the "Jason McCurry" account, I sure would rather use it than this one. Thanks in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Have you bought any Raffle Tickets yet ? That might help your situation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mda_CarrotTop.jpg

If I had the money to buy raffle tickets, I wouldn't be offering to send in memory to assuage my guilt at learning so much from this site without giving back. I think my wife has had her fill of my buying "gun stuff" or going hunting for a while... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My apologies, folks. I had this raffle confused with another that charged $20 a ticket. My fault. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll send the check out ASAP.

Back