Half Rat & Half [beeep] Snow

Quote: I know but I got to thinking about it after the fact, that it was not a very good idea. I don't know who was over there and they could have tried to sneak up on me, see me make movement from a distance and take a shot. Looking back it was actually a bad idea..

Probably so, Jeremy. When I was in high school I used to do a lot of goose hunting on the salt flats. Had quite a spread of silhouette decoys & used to lay down in the low cover near the spread. One day I heard several .22 shots from a brush mott. Tried to figure out what they were shooting at but when I picked up the decoyrs, noticed a bullet hole in one of the decoys.

Set up my spread farther from the property line after that.

Regards,
hm

Thanks for the kind comments all...

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaI think I would have been more worried about finding four flat tires when I got back to my truck. Lol.
I always look forward to your posts and well thought out dialog Jeremy.

Lyle, they would have to cross the fence into private property to slash my tires... they would have to have some balls to do that, especially if they made it back out with them still attached;)

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXNice. Very good day right there.

Jeff, I thought you would sleigh them in the low rack over that snow... if they ever legalize nite hunting here I would be so far behind the learning curve..not to mention the psychosis and insomnia I am sure would follow..

Originally Posted By: jf1073Git 'n er done in a big way. There was a minor league contest in our area this weekend...........perhaps you heard some contestants on that one stand.

James, I found out about that contest the day of. Not to mention any names but I ran into a guy that does guided whitetail hunts in our area coming out of the gate of my grandpa's farm. Driving down the dirt road with a rifle in his lap and told me his son is hunting that contest. He wanted my coyotes and asked if I was just going to throw them away. Not saying he wanted them for his son to check in that nite, for all I know he was going to skin them and eat them;)

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrNicely done Jeremy, we killed the first and only one in Utah that I've ever seen with mange this year, it is some nasty stuff!

Kent, I don't see many with mange in my area but the ones that do usually have it real bad. I have killed them in spring almost completely bald that have survived the winter. I never underestimate just how much of a survivor coyote is.

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Quote: I know but I got to thinking about it after the fact, that it was not a very good idea. I don't know who was over there and they could have tried to sneak up on me, see me make movement from a distance and take a shot. Looking back it was actually a bad idea..

Probably so, Jeremy. When I was in high school I used to do a lot of goose hunting on the salt flats. Had quite a spread of silhouette decoys & used to lay down in the low cover near the spread. One day I heard several .22 shots from a brush mott. Tried to figure out what they were shooting at but when I picked up the decoyrs, noticed a bullet hole in one of the decoys.

Set up my spread farther from the property line after that.

Regards,
hm

A couple years ago some idiots where shooting rifles by a bridge about a mile from my house. I had my son in the truck and they shot my truck with a 763x39. Long story short; http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...996#Post2687996

People do dumb chit with firearms sometimes

Back