Gunwerks rifles??

Originally Posted By: longrange454I've shot 6 Elk in my life. 5 with my 06 and 1 with my 454 Casull. Longest shot was 275 yds. What I'm saying is put the sneak on them and make it a fair game. Elk are a majestic animal in my book. I guess that's why I feel the way i do about them. White Tail, Coyote, Wolves, P Dogs well that's a different game. I'm still striving for that 200 yd. kill on a White Tail with my 454 Casull.

IMO, elk, deer, etc are all meat in the freezer. Fair game would be me buck nekkid using only my hands and teeth
laugh.gif

Well I guess I been misinformed all these years. I didn't know it took a 50 BMG to kill antelope. Largest rifle I have is a 308. Guess I won't go. (Just kiddin folks, just kiddin). But, 1200 yds is a long ways to ethically kill an elk. Its a hole lot of walking just to see if you just wounded a critter, then you have to track it. I prefer as close as I can get them! JMO

You have to realize these guys buying these set ups are paying for load development and ammo matched to their rifle. If some guy you didn't know came up to you and asked what you would charge him to do load development for him, what would you say?

All this takes time and effort to accomplish. For someone that doesn't WANT to do any of this themselves and for the quality of components they are getting $9200 seems reasonable.

Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachOriginally Posted By: longrange454My opinion. Shooting an Elk at 1200 yds. is not hunting. It's killing.

Huh? You can't be serious.

Especially with a screen name that has "longrange" in it!

Originally Posted By: BWBYou have to realize these guys buying these set ups are paying for load development and ammo matched to their rifle. If some guy you didn't know came up to you and asked what you would charge him to do load development for him, what would you say?

All this takes time and effort to accomplish. For someone that doesn't WANT to do any of this themselves and for the quality of components they are getting $9200 seems reasonable.

Really? Have you seen Reddogs "Bone Crusher" build?

Just guessing, action-probably $1000/$1200 +/-, barrel $400ish,stock $650-$700, smith $300-$400 and of course a trigger $250. Thats under $3000. and you got one heck of a rifle. Do your own load work, it ain't rocket science. Give or take $500 bucks, your still along ways from $9200. JMO, besides the Bone Crusher is a badd azz rifle!!

I'm not gonna knock anyone's purchase,,,,BUT keep in mind Gunwerks guarantees 1/2 moa accuracy.In this day and age 1/2 moa accuracy can be obtained fairly easy for a lot less money.And of course this is all dependent on shooter/rifle/load/conditions.

IIRC accuracy systems out of eastern colorado sells ar10 uppers for $1700 that are guaranteed so shoot 1/2 moa.

as far as load development goes, if the rifles are as good as they claim, i doubt the load changes much from one rifle to the next. most of the "good" rifles i have will show an excellent load with very little effort.

Fellas, I just finished my bag of popcorn, and thoroughly enjoyed the read!!!
It's seems many of my posts are of the same foundation but yet, I'll continue...

How many people have the drive or ambition to pursue the goals, and products these guys are knockin out?

Not to mention you don't just GET your own Television show... IT'S EARNED... and what you decide to market with "your" show, is up to YOU.

Has anyone pondered the PRICE of the equipment these guys are running, just to build their own actions, regarding the CNC's?
Let's see someone throw out a 6 digit figure for the software that's needed to do this!
How about the payment on their facilities?
What about being able to actually have enough "credibility" to have a large optic company such as NF, manufacture your own custom line of optics?
Top it off with the R&D for their load data, and LRF, and You'd be chargin the same [beeep] thing...

But REALLY?, come on guys, think about what has to be done before you start bashin a company for trying to make it work.

Similar to an above post... 10G's is too much for a stick, but 40 ain't nothing for a bass boat...

10g's is WAY too much for a boomstick, but 50K is nothing for a weekend warrior to blow on their 5th wheel camper.

I have guys tell me to my face I'm literally crazy for running the equipment I do, I sit back and look at their 3 trucks, Harley, camper, toy haulers, etc. etc.

Moral of the story anyone?

*cough cough* Jersey shore *cough*

Pretty much any reality tv imo. There's no earning to them, just be an idiot that doesn't mind being an idiot on tv and you've got a tv show.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell I guess I been misinformed all these years. I didn't know it took a 50 BMG to kill antelope. Largest rifle I have is a 308. Guess I won't go. (Just kiddin folks, just kiddin). But, 1200 yds is a long ways to ethically kill an elk. Its a hole lot of walking just to see if you just wounded a critter, then you have to track it. I prefer as close as I can get them! JMO

There is no tracking in WY antelope hunting. Unless it travels over 20 miles I can watch it for hours and never lose sight of it
laugh.gif

Elk, different story. The places I used to go, I used to tell people if they get 50 feet off the road and don't KNOW where the road is. You're probably going to die there. Some of that timber is NASTY.

Originally Posted By: NdIndy*cough cough* Jersey shore *cough*

Pretty much any reality tv imo. There's no earning to them, just be an idiot that doesn't mind being an idiot on tv and you've got a tv show.

did you just compare jersey shore to LongRange Pursuit ?

Interesting...
I know Aaron personally and have shot with him.
I have used two of their rifles (6.5-284 and 7 LRM) out to 1300 yards.
They shoot real nice.
I imagine the deal comes not only with the NF scope, but also their G7-BR2 LRF which is a really good laser rangefinder, plus much more. Base and rings, and possibly an Atlas bi-pod.

Can you get the same quality for less money? Yes.

Is there anything wrong if someone wants to buy a Gunwerks set-up? No.

Their ammo shoots top-notch as well.
Aaron is one of the more unselfish guys I know when it comes to sharing information with the shooting world, whether or not you buy his stuff.

No matter how much money you spend you can't purchase skill-set in terms of form, reading the wind, and shooting under pressure from field conditions.
Personally, I hope Gunwerks thrives as a company.

Their action-bolt is made by Stiller. Stiller will make YOU a Predator(OEM Program) with YOUR name on them if you like. Their video on their site is misleading, as they make you think that they build the whole rifle in house. I'm pretty sure they contract out their barrels as well, as most all their parts. They assemble the parts in house and sell a custom package in a nice case.

I see on their video that they use Broughton barrels, and on the thread spec sheet, it says for a Predator. I wonder if Stiller chambers and threads them for Gunwerks?

Last edited:
If it's to much money for you don't buy it pretty simple if you were making the rifles and people were willing to give u $9000 for a rifle would you take it. Let people live how they wanna live and do what they wanna do if it's not hurting you big deal we have enough people in this world telling us how to live our lives and what we should and shouldn't do.

Originally Posted By: devildoggIf it's to much money for you don't buy it pretty simple if you were making the rifles and people were willing to give u $9000 for a rifle would you take it. Let people live how they wanna live and do what they wanna do if it's not hurting you big deal we have enough people in this world telling us how to live our lives and what we should and shouldn't do.

devildogg,
you have been blessed with the not-so-common gift of common sense.
Can't say it any better than that.
thumbup1.gif

It's a rifle, ammo, and hunting show company that probably supports the Second Amendment and NRA. How can you possibly [beeep] about a company like that on a forum like this?

Back