Gun Show Squawk

William Suter

Went to a little show in Tulsa today and small talk was all about the new gun show loop hole laws supposedly coming into effect May 18. No more private sales and how it will effect people like me and some of you. I'm to dang old to become n FFL and have no desire to either. But I do enjoy buying and selling a rifle now and then. Can/will someone explain to me in plain language what's about to happen?

It's a power grab to result in universal background checks with no legislation, with the ultimate end game of universal registration

Sounds like it will put the little guy just trying to sell a gun or two out of business. Probably kill the small gun shows as even though there are quite a few tables only a small portion are actual FFL dealers. Lots of guys like me that just have to many guns that sells one just to buy another. I talked to an older guy, he said he was 84. He had half a dozen pistol and a couple of rifles and a little odds and ends ammo. He did it just for something to do, not to make a living at it. He said he was way to old to get an FFL and had no intentions on doing so. He said he would just have a yard sale and sell a few out of his garage.

I don't read legal jargon very well but I think I read that "If" I had a sizeable collection of firearms and sold them to one person that was OK. But if I took any of that money and bought one firearm I would be breaking the law and could be arrested. Hopefully all these lawsuits filed will do us some good.

Back