GREEN LASERS

Your eyes are most sensitive to light in the green spectrum, so given the same power output a green LASER will always appear brighter.
I'm not sure how much power it takes to be visible in the day, but it would be less with green than any other color, so you're on the right track.

It still will get washed out at anything more than 15-25 yds. If it's dusk or dawn or very overcast it will work ok. In indoor shooting ranges they work works great. Don't expect a bright green dot during a normal sunny day. The power output is limited by law for civilian use. Most venders have it at the max allowable.

Quote:
It still will get washed out at anything more than 15-25 yds. If it's dusk or dawn or very overcast it will work ok. In indoor shooting ranges they work works great. Don't expect a bright green dot during a normal sunny day. The power output is limited by law for civilian use. Most venders have it at the max allowable.

Mine can be seen clearly on a sunny day at 100 yards or more. Where do you get the information it gets washed out at 15 to 25 yards?

Green lasers are mostly used in the hobby of astromony, as the beam can be seen at night unlike the red. They make great pointers for observers. I cant see much of the green dot during the day, it would be useless in a hunting situation IMHO.

Defcon, seeing that I actually have and use one and my opinion is not based on what I think they do, yes they can be seen in the daylight. I do have it set up on a shotgun with the beam centered mid pattern at 35 yards.

My hunting partner has one on an AR and can shoot 3 inch groups at 50 yards from the hip. Another owner has his mounted on a handgun and is absolutely amazed at how easy it is to hit targets at 25 yards.

At night if it is legal where you are you actually see a green line going out to your target. They are much more useful than the red laser.

Thanks for the input guys.
I've been using red lasers for years. But I use lasers on my bows at 30 yds. With red lasers I have to use another sight for sunny days. I was hoping I could use a green laser at 30 yds on sunny days and low light conditions.
I've ordered one. When I get it I'll give it a try and let you know.
DEF

Quote:
Quote:

Mine can be seen clearly on a sunny day at 100 yards or more. Where do you get the information it gets washed out at 15 to 25 yards?

From my personal viridian green laser on my XD....that's where I get MY information. If yours works... good for you.

Defcon,

How do you mount it to your bow?? What state do you live in?? I was wondering if there are any restrictions to using it as an archery site in any states. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

kevlars

we use them all the time in the pipe industry and the green lasers are far mor visible than the red the dont get hazed out in the dust and will still line our pipe in the sunlight.

Picture064.jpg

Back