Got Wolf?

Most controlled and general deer/elk hunts start opening the 5th through the 15th of October. I imagine during this time while hunters are pursuing other animals that wolf takes will go up.
I wont be back out there in the woods till the 10th for deer and 15th for elk.

Here is a picture my sister sent me. She (Cody, WY) is dating a guy from Idaho and apparently his friend killed one. As far as the story or his whole name, I have no idea.

IMG_8325.jpg

"This is a pic of Michael's friend Billy, who killed the first wolf in the Idaho Wolf Hunt for 2009. This wolf is a FEMALE, look how big she is ~ imagine how big the males must be!!"

Good Mike and you ? This is an interesting topic to us who live out here in Big Bad Wolf country. Hey did you hear what Bo did to his truck? Army Digital como ! cool as can be!

Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on this topic !!!

Last edited:
I hear we are in the 20's as far as harvest to date here in Idaho. There goin fast. I can't help but guess that we will be close to the quaot by the end of the season.
Good luck out there.

I know a guy on that frequents the Field&Stream site was one of the first. He got harassed by a lot of know-nothing liberal wolf lovers. He is an outfitter or something. Heard about it the beginning of last month. I don't think it was the guy in the pic, but many people were convinced he shot the first one. Called it in with a wounded coyote call I believe.

Originally Posted By: Wyoming DrifterGood Mike and you ? This is an interesting topic to us who live out here in Big Bad Wolf country. Hey did you hear what Bo did to his truck? Army Digital como ! cool as can be!

Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on this topic !!!

Sweet, I'll have to get a pic of it. Anything would look better than before
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Jeepdude1987I know a guy on that frequents the Field&Stream site was one of the first. He got harassed by a lot of know-nothing liberal wolf lovers. He is an outfitter or something. Heard about it the beginning of last month. I don't think it was the guy in the pic, but many people were convinced he shot the first one. Called it in with a wounded coyote call I believe.

I'll see if I can find out more about it from her.

Originally Posted By: Jeepdude1987I know a guy on that frequents the Field&Stream site was one of the first. He got harassed by a lot of know-nothing liberal wolf lovers. He is an outfitter or something. Heard about it the beginning of last month. I don't think it was the guy in the pic, but many people were convinced he shot the first one. Called it in with a wounded coyote call I believe.

Is that the guy out of Grangeville that got death threats and such?

Back