Got a boar the other evening

7MIXHue.jpg

Pigs and Coons we are covered up with both Murl B.

Jealous!! We had our “pig area” clear cut to eventually plant pines. It was so thick it’s the only part of the property I hadn’t walked through. I could stay on the outskirts and kill hogs every day. It was also a major coon area.
This is a private wild quail plantation so the less predators we have the better it is for quail. But the fewer predators makes it difficult for night hunting, lol.
I’m sure hogs will return eventually, but I walked 3 miles yesterday and 5 miles the day before and hadn’t cut a hog track yet. I am catching a few coons trapping in the drains and bottoms.
Keep knocking them down man, enjoying the pics!!

Spurchaser, We hunt a lot of Quail here also Pigs and Coons are big time predators on Quail and their nests, I trap Coons Every Day year around, kill Pigs every chance I get. usually get 2-3 Coons a Day with 10 dog proofs set near water.Murl B .

19zunN0.jpg

Now is the time to be catching coons and really making a difference. Caught a sow coon the other day and she had 4 embryos in her. Cut one open and had about 3” fetus in it. I figure another few weeks and they’ll be giving birth. Caught a possum with pinky possums already. We also trap 365 days a year.
My son runs cages and a few DP’s on his plantation where he works and was a tad under 1000 critters in one calendar year. His place is also trapped by professionals about 3 months out of the year as well. All my son uses in his cages is a single store bought egg. The only thing he hasn’t caught in a cage is a coyote. Everything else can’t resist a free egg. We do use eggs in a dirthole set during the summer months and catch coyotes in footholds. Think it’s just the size of the cage that keeps him from catching them in one.

I’m just hitting it on weekends now off the beaten path. Once the turkey limit is reached I’ll hit it all. Right now I’d be going in right at daylight and don’t want to disturb the turkeys routine.

Spurchaser,, I am covered up with Turkeys no one hunts them and they live in my back yard a crap all over my front and back porch, I hose the decks down almost every day.Murl B.

qVCAaIG.jpg

MY front yard.M.B.

Back