Good luck charm

YoteslayerWA

I made it out this morning for a morning hunt and to my surprise my wife wanted to tag along. She has never come out with me before because she does not like the cold. To my surprise she ended up being my good luck charm.

On the drive in to our first parking spot on the ranch we picked up a bonus coyote along the road. I didn’t hike out to take a picture because I wanted to get out to where the rancher had a dead cow out for bait.

On the walk in I came across two sets of tracks that looked to be fairly fresh. When I got up to where the bait pile was I peaked over the hill and spotted one chewing on the cow at 225 yards. I got set up for a shot and to my surprise it was a clean miss. The coyote took off running straight at me and stopped at 175 where I put her down. The suppressor had done its job and she had no idea where the shot had come from.

IMG_5169.jpeg

We then headed to a spot that I have seen a pair 2 different times in the last month but they always busy me on the walk in. I got set up from a different approach than normal due to a less than typical wind direction.

Less than 2 minutes into some MFK cot-tail sauce I spotted a coyote peeking over the e rock bluff in front of me. It was 250 yards out and I decided to wait. That coyote turned and walked away but then another came over the crest of the hill. I watched it for a few minutes before I chose to take the shot. I hit the coyote but it was obvious I had hit far back. I never did find the coyote but there was plenty of hair and blood where I had shot it.

The wind really picked up by 9 so we decided to call it a morning and head home.

It's a good thing to take the spousal unit along occasionally, especially if you have success. Who knows, she may start getting up early and prepare you a real he-man breakfast before the next hunt!
Thanks for your report and continued success!

Glad your wife got to see one at least. Hopefully she will want to go more often. My wife is my only hunting buddy.

Back