go foxpro?

22cat

I am in the market for a FoxPro. should I get a hellfire, crossfire, firestorm, reconditioned fury 2, or reconditioned cs24b? for me the quality of the sound would be the most important. I want it to sound as close to realistic as possible and not have the speaker sound. also I am very harsh on things so it must be really tough. what is your suggestion and why?

Fury II has been working for real good so far this year. Called in a bunch of coyotes and called in a bull elk.
Customer service is excellent with Foxpro, no experience with any other callers and doubt I will ever switch.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOut of those you mentioned, fury2 or cs24b.

Agreed. And for me it would be the CS24. My Fury and then my Shockwave both gathered dust once I started using first the CS24B and then later the CS24C (same remote as the Shockwave).

- DAA

I just got my second FoxPro. I started with the Scorpion and have had good results. Foxes and bobcats don't seem to need the volume so that worked. I also liked being able to run an external speaker from the Scorpion, so for the size it worked great. But I did finally get tired of dragging around an external speaker, so I opted to buy the reconditioned CS24B. WOW!!! What a call! I figured that I would be giving up call quality for the volume but since I was intending to use the caller primarily for coyotes in open country I figured it was worthwhile. When I listened to the caller it was clearly one of the best sounding callers I have heard. Crips, clear and loud when you need it. I pulled in a bobcat the very first weekend I used the call, the cat walked right up to it, stopped and stood there wagging it's tail.

Low end to high end, soft to strong I will say the CS24 is a great call.

its a hard choice. i have the hardest time making a decision. the more i read, the more i want that tx-1000 remote. i wish there was a place around my neck of the woods i could go look at them all

The quality of the sound on the shockwave is hard to beat I have 2 shockwaves. They are loud without havin to put extra speaker but can if ya want. you can move the speakers it's a light call easy to carry, produces crystal clear sounds. and the tx-1000 remote is a dream has all kinds of user friendly features honestly I think that's one of the best models from experience.

The TX-1000 remote is impressive. I don't know how important this might be to you, but the Shockwave, Fury, and Fusion can be operated without the remote. The CS-24 requires the remote. They are all built well and all have good sound.

I'm leaning towards the fusion if it has a screw hole that accepts a trip pot screw to hold the unit up off the ground like the Shockwave has. If not then the Shockwave is my next FoxPro Unit.

I need to get the FoxPro unit up off the ground to make the remote control range work better.

Just ordered a Firestorm from AllPredatorCalls. 50 custom selected sounds. On sale $100 off.

Placed order at 9:30 AM.... Shipped at 1PM. Awesome!!

at the last PM hunt, Bearmanric had a shockwave that we hunted over from some stands. It sounded really good.

Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_I'm leaning towards the fusion if it has a screw hole that accepts a trip pot screw to hold the unit up off the ground like the Shockwave has. If not then the Shockwave is my next FoxPro Unit.

I need to get the FoxPro unit up off the ground to make the remote control range work better.

The Fusion does not have that feature. I just hang mine on the handle of my tripod and it sounds and works fine.

thanks for the suggestions everyone. please keep them coming. the shockwave does look like an awesome setup that provides more benefits over the others but it also looks like a big call. compact is crucial though for my style of hunting

Originally Posted By: 22catthanks for the suggestions everyone. please keep them coming. the shockwave does look like an awesome setup that provides more benefits over the others but it also looks like a big call. compact is crucial though for my style of hunting

If size is an issue, go with the Scorpion and buy an external speaker for those windy days and open ground.

i have tried all of them. to me the fury is just about right in every way. size is right. battery life is right. volume is more than enough. best part is the fhss it uses to transmit. it works when it should.

I've owned them all too, for me, the CS24 series (now using the "C" version) is the one that continues to get used, while my Fury's got sold and my Shockwave mostly sits unused.

There are pros and cons to all of them. Comes down to personal preference. The remote requirement of the CS24 is a deal breaker for some, but matters not to me. That Shockwave is really, really impressive. Sound quality and volume are superb. But, for the gear I use, the way I carry it, the CS24 is just easier to carry back to the Jeep while also carrying my rifle, sticks, seat and a dead coyote. That was the final tipping point between Shockwave and CS24, for me, the CS24, while not a small caller, is easier for me to carry in my left hand along with my sticks and stool, while carrying a dead coyote in my right hand (rifle slung over left shoulder when hauling dead coyote).

Any of them, the Fury, CS24, the Shockwave, have all produced for me. I can't really say that any one of them has been any better in terms of bringing in coyote. The CS24 and Shockwave have more volume though and I'm not shy about cranking it up at times. Not that I very often felt undergunned with the volume of the Fury either though, the only times I ever felt that way were on days so windy I should have been sitting in the Jeep sipping coffee and smoking a cigar instead of out calling anyway. Do remember one day like that with the Prairie Blaster though, it made a believer out of me in the occasional utility of BIG volume.

All comes down to personal preference and budget.

One thing, getting the call up off the ground to assure good distance with the remote was mentioned. In my experience, that is just a complete non-issue with the TX-1000 remote. Wouldn't worry about it.

- DAA

Back