Give me your top 3

I reload with the 53 gr V-max bullet and I absolutely love it. I haven't had a single coyote run since starting to reload with it about 1.5 years ago. Killed around 30-40 coyotes since then. They all dropped DRT.

I also shot the factory loaded Horndady Superformance 53 gr V-max cartridges and had similar results, YMMV.Definitely worth giving them a look though. It's a good in between bullet weight from the many 50gr and 55gr bullet or cartridge offerings out there.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Originally Posted By: wildcats137I've done some looking and really like the looks of the Hornady 53gr v-max super performance. Anyone have experience with this round?

I use this and it's a great, flat shooting consistently accurate load.

The rifle shoots sub .5MAO groups with that factory load. (in a factory gun) Great for coyote hunting. The Vmax does a number of coyotes and almost every single one I shoot never take a second step.

I am sure the 50-60 grain bullets are better, but I have shot about a dozen with cheap Fiocchi 40gr ballistic tips. They have all been bang/flops, 50-300yrd shots, front, side quartering and rear shots. Some exit and some don't. My Bushmaster predator loves them and for around $18-20 a box of fifty, I can't beat em. They make em in 50grain load but I haven't found them available in that price range.

Back