Giant Alabama Coyote!!!

yotekiller, i'm in my sixth year of calling fur. don't get discouraged. i didn't call in anything my first year except crows, hawks, and owls. been getting a little more success each year. persistence is the key for me it seems. i hunt hard, put in alot of stands, and try to learn something from each one.

my success rate jumped last year when i put the rifle up and grabbed a shotgun with some 3" tungsten and set up in the thick cover. i spent first few years trying to call them out of the cover into an open area for a good rifle shot. coyotes and foxes both seem reluctant to commit to open ground in the daylight here in alabama. give em a little cover and they might respond better. but it's still a tough game. i put in 25-40 stands per critter called in most times.

if you ever get up to north alabama, send me a pm. i'll try to make time for a hunt with you if you'd like. good luck.

Nice dog for sure Comgrats! The biggest I've ever seen was a 53 pounder my neighbor trapped!

My first Yote weighed around 40 to 45 pounds! At least that's what the taxidermist said!

~HF~

awesome, I tell ya`ll I don`t care if it was 15lbs it would still be great!!! I can`t even get the first kill here in BAMA.There are some big dawgs here just hard to get to come in!!!!!

Back